Transport to MIA port

kae22209

Headin out in 36 days!!!

My friend and I are gonna fly into different airports (she to FLL and me to MIA). what is the best (read: cheapest) way to get to the dock???

Also, is it possible for me to wait for her at the dock to board?

fll airport to miami airport via tri rail (approx 4.50) then cab from airport to miami port. I take it your leaving from miami. otherwise reverse the train. For one person the day of the cruise get a bus transfer from fll to miami port also (approx 16.00)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NEXT: Majesty of the Seas 8/23/04,Carnival Legend CTN 10/22/04

PAST: Inspiration 8/24/03

Easiest for both of you is Carnival transfer. Otherwise, the person flying in to MIA can take a cab--they do have a set rate from the airport to the port.

Yes, you can wait for her at the dock. There are hundreds of people milling around, so they're not going to mind your waiting. There are chairs inside where you can sit & wait for her. Or, if you have cellphones, you can do what we did when travelling with my sis. She & hubby came in on a different flight later in the day. Mom & I got to the ship early & checked in, signed up for all the shore excursions we wanted, & booked the supper club. They called when they got to the dock, & we just went outside to meet them. Yes, you'll have to wait in line with her to go thru (& go thru the security scanners again), but as long as you have your ID & S&S card, they'll let you back on the ship. (And, yes, this was after 9/11--but you might want to ask to make sure. However, it's really no different than going off for a shore excursion.) Even had our pictures taken again!

Ecstasy--12/97

Fascination--9/98

Triumph--10/99

Sensation--4/00

Triumph--11/00

Imagination--4/01

Spirit--11/01

Imagination--4/02

Spirit--11/02

Imagination--5/03

Glory--11/03

Fascination--5/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kae22209:

how much is a cab from Miami airport to the dock??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey...something I can answer. I just got back from the Paradise on Sunday and we took a cab to and from the port.

It's a $21 flat fee, so even if there are 5 people, the total is still $21.

Archived