Can a "lock it in" insider booking with only two sailors be assinged a social insider?

bundtkate

Hey, y'all! The title basically covers it. I am usually fine with a guarantee as I don't care about cabin location so I booked a "lock it in" insider, but I recently discovered that social insider cabins only allow for split beds. I'd like to avoid these cabins, but I can't seem to find any definitive info on whether a couple may be assigned a social insider cabin. I love the savings that come with guarantees, but this is one case where I would want to avoid a cabin type so I will likely pay more to choose my cabin or go for a lock it in sea view if these aren't limited to groups of 3+. Thanks in advance for any info!

GTY Insider means you will be assigned to any of the Insider categories as chosen by VV. It would be rare for VV to assign the social insider for 2 guests, but it could happen if all of the Insiders are already assigned. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I figured that might be the case, but with the way lines have started focusing on reserving multi-berth cabins for larger groups, I was hoping maybe the logical thing was wrong. Given I've yet to find anyone mentioning being assigned one as a couple, it does seem rare enough so maybe I'll chance it, but I'll have to give it a ponder for sure.

2 hours ago, gsutiger2 said:

We have booked two social insider cabins with only two people in each cabin.

Yea, I know you can book them directly with just 2 as they showed up as an option for me when pricing things out before contacting my TA, but I wasn't sure if Virgin maybe prioritized saving them for larger parties when assigning guarantees. I ended up deciding to chance it since prices went up about $400 per cabin between booking and my husband seemed none too concerns about it. We usually don't mind any cabin as we spend little time there and we're night owls so will probably not be going to bed before the Manor shuts down. It wouldn't be ideal, but we concluded it's not a deal breaker either so worth the savings we can spend on excursions or bar tab instead. The guarantee at least gives us some chance of an upgrade so we'll see what happens and enjoy our cruise either way.

• Like 1