NCL Transfer - Athens Airport to Cruise Port

Has anyone used NCL's Transfer service from the Airport to the Cruise Port in Athens? I've got some mixed info from NCL regarding how luggage is handled. One source says luggage will be picked up at the airport and delivered straight to the cruise ship (stateroom). Another source says the passenger will have their luggage with them until boarding the ship. I assume the latter is correct, but if there is anyone who can confirm it would be appreciated. We would like to see some sites in Athens during the 7-8 hours we have to wait to board the ship, just would like to know if we can go strait to the sites, or if we'll have to worry about finding a place to store our luggage at the cruise port.

Not used them but remember

If you book the NCL transport you could well have to wait till the bus is "full" before leaving the airport.

They will not carry your luggage but not you, I feel sure that you will, at least, have to go to Piraeus.

I don't know if the bus people, who may NOT be NCL employees, would take your luggage to the porters.

The airport is on the opposite side of Athens from the port so you will probably have an hour bus journey.

Then remember that Piraeus is a 40 minute journey from the centre of Athens on a good run; afternoon rush hour an hour plus.

Then you have to get from the dock to the public transport to start off.

15 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Then you have to get from the dock to the public transport to start off.

What public transport are you referring to? The taxi’s can’t drop you off at the curb for boarding? 

I arrived at Piraeus by taxi  last year to board Norwegian Jade .The taxi was able to pull up just a couple of metres from the baggage drop off area. In  fact a member of staff came to the taxi and took the bags so we were able to go straight to the checkin area adjacent to baggage drop off .

• Thanks 1