Funicular or Cable Car in Bergen?

I'm sure both are amazing, but I'm looking for your thoughts on taking the Funicular or the Cable Car up the mountain.  I know they are different mountains and that the Funicular is rail.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

I've done both and it's really kind of a toss up.  If you want to hike down or around sites on the top of the mountain then it's the Funicular.  If you want to eat a cafe or pub type meal at the top then it's the Cable Car.  You can eat there either indoors or out overlooking the view.  No view from anywhere but outside at the Funicular.  Better views from the cable car when going up and down since it's above ground level.  The Funicular is closer to the water and a short walk from the Fish Market.  I saw a shuttle to the  Cable Car from the Fish Market but I know nothing about it.  

Bergen funicular is a train up the mountain, and the Bergen Cable Car hangs high in the air. I would guess that the cable car wins any time in scenery offered.

Who ever does not like high places and air underneath their feet, the Bergen funicular would be  the option.

• 1 month later...

We’ve done both and I think for price, convenience and charm I’d choose the funicular if we went again even though we’ve done it twice already! It’s easy to book direct online and you don’t queue as much. Great cinnamon buns at the top and a pleasant stroll down 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1