Is Lunch Service Typically Offered in MDR during overnight ports of call?

4 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Hi Milhouse!

There may be enough to keep you occupied at Verdon-sur-Mer:

Holidays in Verdon-sur-Mer : stay and weekend | Médoc Atlantique (medoc-atlantique.co.uk)

I think you may be able to rent a bike which would be great for you but IDK about your DW.

Does Celebrity offer transportation only excursion options to Bordeaux? Or can you rent a car in Verdon and then book a hotel for the night?

I agree with others who've posted re: enjoying the local cuisine while you are there.

Hi B&F!

Thanks for the link!  We did scan that site a few weeks ago but should give it another look as our cruise is getting closer.  

We discussed renting bikes and still might.  But DW isn't a strong rider (she fell off and twister her ankle during a previous trip) so anywhere we go will have to be pretty easy riding.

X did have a transport only option to Bordeaux but it sold out pretty quick.  I think X's excursion department has been scrambling/struggling a bit due the change in ports from Pauillac to Le Verdon.  

Car rentals also seem limited around Le Verdon Sur Mer on top of some additional challenges (limited hours/closed Sunday/day 2, drivers license requirements, etc).  If we do rent a car for day 1, it'll be an on the spot decision and likely only to tour the local region versus driving all the way down to Bordeaux.