Using HIA Shore Excursion Credits Pre-Cruise

Sorry to bother you with this but a search did not provided an answer to this question.

We have HIA shore excursion credits that we would like to use pre-cruise to insure that we get the maximum benefit and get the excursions we want.

If we book some excursions pre-cruise, will the HIA credits immediately be applied to our bookings or will they go to a credit card and the difference show up as OBC?

Thank you.

I've always found that when I go to the HAL site to pre-book, it shows the HIA shorex credit as the payment method. If the excursion costs more than the credit, you use a credit card to just pay the difference. You are smart to book in advance -- shorex frequently sell out.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, WriterOnDeck said:

I've always found that when I go to the HAL site to pre-book, it shows the HIA shorex credit as the payment method. If the excursion costs more than the credit, you use a credit card to just pay the difference. You are smart to book in advance -- shorex frequently sell out.

Exactly how we prebooked our excursions on our HIA HAL cruises.  No problem, the money due over and above the credit was charged to our CC on file.

• Like 1

Hi,

I just prebooked my excursions using my HIA credits with a leftover charged to my CC the same as is stated by Hogladyrider.  I have $100 OBC.  When I get on board can I ask them to credit my CC with the amount charged to my CC and take that amount from my OBC?  It is not a big amount but if OBC can be used the better.

Thanks, happytotravel

5 hours ago, happytotravel said:

Hi,

I just prebooked my excursions using my HIA credits with a leftover charged to my CC the same as is stated by Hogladyrider.  I have $100 OBC.  When I get on board can I ask them to credit my CC with the amount charged to my CC and take that amount from my OBC?  It is not a big amount but if OBC can be used the better.

Thanks, happytotravel

Yes, but be sure to have it done at the Shore Exc desk. Or you can leave as is and use OBC toward gratuities. 

Safe travels- enjoy your cruise!