Multi-Trip Annual Policy for Land and Cruise

Posted (edited)

I am about to pull the trigger on an annual policy from Allianz for spouse and I.  We have used Travelguard for many years but have never filed a claim.  Spouse has had two heart attacks (despite weighing 130 pounds, exercising every day, and eating a Pritikin diet most of the time).  Medevac to include from a cruise is our most important need.  We seldom have more than two cruises paid in full at any time.  Any advice on if there is a better option than Allianz AllTrips Premier which has $500K of Medevac?  We have good medical (Medicare with Tricare).  

Edited by stan01

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, stan01 said:

I am about to pull the trigger on an annual policy from Allianz for spouse and I.  We have used Travelguard for many years but have never filed a claim.  Spouse has had two heart attacks (despite weighing 130 pounds, exercising every day, and eating a Pritikin diet most of the time).  Medevac to include from a cruise is our most important need.  We seldom have more than two cruises paid in full at any time.  Any advice on if there is a better option than Allianz AllTrips Premier which has $500K of Medevac?  We have good medical (Medicare with Tricare).  

For me it is all about what the policy states for pre-existing conditions and the stability period. 

I don't think that it matters what medivac insurance you have unless it covers pre-existing conditions regardless of stability.  If you don't meet the stability and pre-existing conditions language then you won't be covered.  Most insurance is not "blanket" insurance.  (This in my knowledge and experience)

Edited by CDNPolar