Kagoshima self tour ....is this possible in the time.

woodley

Hi, We are in port from 8am to 5pm.  The ship tour I wanted is fully booked so I am thinking of doing the following.

Ferry from Kagoshima to Sakurjima island. Walk to Footbaths of Nagisa Park.  Catch bus to the observation view point.  Hop back on the next bus back to ferry port. Ferry back to Kagoshima. Then get a taxi to Sangen-en gardens.  spend some time exploring then taxi back to the ship.

Somewhere we will stop for lunch.

Please advise if you have been here if this is possible to do in the time frame we have.

16 hours ago, woodley said:

Hi, We are in port from 8am to 5pm.  The ship tour I wanted is fully booked so I am thinking of doing the following.

Ferry from Kagoshima to Sakurjima island. Walk to Footbaths of Nagisa Park.  Catch bus to the observation view point.  Hop back on the next bus back to ferry port. Ferry back to Kagoshima. Then get a taxi to Sangen-en gardens.  spend some time exploring then taxi back to the ship.

Somewhere we will stop for lunch.

Please advise if you have been here if this is possible to do in the time frame we have.

It can be done if you do not need to clear Japan immigration and customs at Kagoshima (either first port of call or return from South Korea)
Cruise terminal is 6 miles south of city waterfront. Taxi to Sakurajima ferry terminal is 20 min. ride.  Ferry runs every 20 min and 15-20 min crossing time. The "Sakurajima Island view bus" stop is near the Ferry terminal building. Bus runs every 30 min and takes 40 min to Yunohira Observatory. Sakurajima Nagisa Park Foot Bath is behind the Visitor Center.

Sengan-en is 10 min taxi ride from Sakurajima ferry terminal, in general, is a two hours visit.

• Thanks 1