Concierge lounge question?

This will be our first cruise at the Diamond level, I understand that as a perk RCCL has a private lounge on most ships, we will be on the Brilliance 4-17-06.

I have heard that you receive free drinks, canapes, etc., does that include cocktails like martini's?, any information or tips would be

Appreciated.

This will be our first cruise at the Diamond level, I understand that as a perk RCCL has a private lounge on most ships, we will be on the Brilliance 4-17-06.

I have heard that you receive free drinks, canapes, etc., does that include cocktails like martini's?, any information or tips would be

Appreciated.

The Concierge Lounge is one of the best perks for Diamond level members. On Radiance class ships (Brilliance is one) the lounge is on deck 10 and has wonderful floor to ceiling windows for great views. Complimentary cappucinos, coffee, hot tea, and cocoa are available 24/7. There is a very nice continental style breakfast available in the mornings, if you want to avoid the dining room or Windjamer.

In the evenings (from around 5 PM) they have complimentary cocktails, wine, champagne and a nice set up of hors d'oeurves. My DH and I have enjoyed the Concierge Lounge on Jewel of the Seas and Mariner and will be on Brilliance for the Christmas holiday.

The concierge on duty will make reservations for you for specialty restaurants, make special arrangements for wine service at dinner, and assist in making special plans for port visit. We have always met people who are fun and interesting and enjoyed conversation and cocktails before dinner in the lounge.

Have a great time and do take advantage of the Concierge Lounge.:)

B&C-Cruisers,

On the Brilliance they also have an overflow lounge set up in one of the lounges that will serve you any drink that you want. Great canapes are also available and while we were on the Brilliance one of the purser's staff came in an played piano and really did a fine job. The lounge also has internet connections that aren't near as crowded as the internet lounge is. All in all I think the Concierge lounge is a great perk.

We have had access to the lounge on our past two cruises. On the Adventure, we made our own drinks from the setups and liquor they provided. On the Serenade, the concierge made our drinks nightly. For some reason on our Serenade cruise in January they had NO martini glasses. This was the entire ship. No martini glasses. It was bizarre. So, no martinis. They used a white wine glass as a substitute. Martinis just don't taste the same in anything other than a real martini glass!

They don't have top shelf brands in the lounge.

Judy

Archived