What is free and what's not??

shergar1

I am travelling with my 6yr old son and was wondering if it is worth getting the soda card.I heard some drinks were free, iced tea, lemonade.Can someone please tell me ,as I would prefer not to have him chug soda's all day.Thank you

iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch, water, juices in the morning. Personally, if you don't want him drinking pop all day, I wouldn't get him the soda card. Then you could maybe get him a pop or smoothie as a treat sometimes.

Soda card for a 6 year old in MHO is not worth it. If it is over $19.00 (which is what it was a year ago) think of how many Sodas he would have to drink. I would say that Milk, fruit punch, lemonade even chocolate milk are free and better for him. In the morning there is all kinds of juice including apple and cranberry which most kids love. Bring a mug and save some juice for later.

Soda card for a 6 year old in MHO is not worth it. If it is over $19.00 (which is what it was a year ago) think of how many Sodas he would have to drink. I would say that Milk, fruit punch, lemonade even chocolate milk are free and better for him. In the morning there is all kinds of juice including apple and cranberry which most kids love. Bring a mug and save some juice for later.

Oh yeah, I forgot milk too!

There will be plenty for him to drink. He shouldn't be drinking soda anyway. There are juices in the morning in Lido & through room service. I usually get a couple extra & keep them in the room next to ice bucket. Also. there is iced tea & I believe lemonade. I think I read that soda for kids in dining room is free at dinner but you may want to confirm that.

Bar waiters serve soda in the dining room. Carnival seats families with children at the same large tables. Grandson has gone on many Carnival cruises with us since he was 2 years old and has always had company at dinner with other children. So, if there are 3 children at the table and 2 of them have soda cards when he brings them their soda (he keeps a record of which child drinks which soda) he might bring one for the other child without the card as a gesture of goodwill. If none of the children at a table have a soda card he will pass by after the first night. An extra tip is expected by the bar waiter even though it is included in the price of the soda card.

FREE? Is there something FREE that I've been missing? Oh, you mean INCLUDED!! ;)

I am travelling with my 6yr old son and was wondering if it is worth getting the soda card.I heard some drinks were free, iced tea, lemonade.Can someone please tell me ,as I would prefer not to have him chug soda's all day.Thank you

Sher - There will be plenty for your son to drink without having to go to soft drinks. As mentioned above, Lido Deck has self-serve machines with lemonade, fruitpunch, apple juice - all day long. More juices in the mornings. During meals, they also have milk, skim milk, chocolate milk, and hot chocolate.

In the dining room, not as much variety for kids. They sometimes will have lemonade, but usually just tea or milk. You can ask what's available. As far as I know, they are still serving complimentary soft drinks to children UNDER the age of 12 in the dining room - not at Lido buffet area.

Room service, available 24 hrs. a day, has beverages your son would probably enjoy...juices, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk, and hot chocolate.

Archived