Need help deciding between two Tokyo hotels

Pearl64

We will be disembarking a cruise on April 13 of next year from the Tokyo International Cruise Port. We have a flight out of Haneda on April 15. I need to know which of these two hotels would be the better choice taking in consideration of going from the port to the hotel with luggage and going from the hotel to Haneda for a mid afternoon flight. What would be the easier for an older couple with luggage? I have two reservations which can be cancelled shortly before we would arrive. The two hotels are Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba or Aloft Tokyo Ginza.  We will have five days before the cruise to see sights in Tokyo. My plan for our two days after the cruise is to see the cherry blossoms at the Imperial Palace Garden unless there is a better place. I know the Nikko hotel is quite far from the attractions but close to the port and airport. But we could manage public transportation to see the sights as we would not have luggage. Neither hotel comes with breakfast so we would need someplace close. 

Thank you for all suggestions.

Easy answer.

You will have 2 days in an extremely busy Japan Tourist Season.

Commuting from O-Daiba takes time.

You could spend a large part of your precious 2 days on crowded commuter trains, or you could stay in town and spend more time enjoying Tokyo.

These hotels may not offer a “free” breakfast, but both will have multiple restaurants that do offer a paid breakfast.

If an included breakfast is important to you, there are thousands of other hotels in much better locations around Tokyo that do offer “free” breakfast.

Note that this year, Cherry Blossoms came out in Tokyo much later than normal.

Typical best viewing for the past 100 years has been 25 March.

Next year, if it is “normal”, you may not see any cherry blossoms in Tokyo in mid-April.