Cabin Question On Carribean Princess (actually Crown Princess).

C&F

Has anyone stayed in a cabin right near the elevators? We are booked in B702 on the Crown. I looked at all the deck plans for most of the Grand Class ships and they are all in the same location, so if anyone has stayed in that cabin, please let me know what it's like. I'm worried about noise and people in the halls being able to see in the room when you open the door. We were on the Grand twice and had nice quiet rooms. I am hoping the room will not be a problem

Thanks for any help.

Happy cruising,

F

I was in a 710 room on the Caribbean. It was a little down the hall, but not much from the elevators. Other than some noisy teens we did not have any problems. Hopefully someone who stayed closer to 702 will be able to post and provide more info.

We are staying in b701 on July 2nd on the Crown - if you are cruising after that I can let you know. I was kind of worried about it too - but here are my thoughts:

This isn't a Carnival cruise (been on 3 of those, 2 of RCCL and 3 of Princess) - it does make a difference.

It'll be easier for me to find my room, as long as I remember which elevators or stairs I need to take!

The laundry room (will need that for a 9 day cruise) is close by.

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I agree it shouldn't really be a problem, just wondering though. The laundry idea does make great sense. We are sailing 7/20, so yes please let me know how it works out.

Have a great cruise!

F

We were in cabin 702 Caribe deck on CB. It was near elevators and we never heard a thing. No one ever saw into our cabin from the elevators either. It was a great cabin, near the back of the ship, cose to restaurants and pools. We booked C706 on the Crown for 12-02-06.

Myrna

Thanks for the great tips. It has been a concern of mine, but I guess being near the elevators has it's ups and downs!! WHOA!!!! Did I really say that?!?!? LOL!! Somebody stop me!!!!

No, but seriously folks,lol, I have heard from many of you and it seems like this really isn't a problem. I do feel better about it. I would actually like to get a room on the Riviera Deck, aft. When on the Grand both times, we lived at the Terrace Pool all the way in the back of the ship. It went undiscovered by many(before the Island Party) and we loved it. My only other concern is noise being that all the pools and food areas are above. Anyone got any info on that?

I promise no more corny jokes. Unless they're really screaming for it.

Archived