AARP Gift Cards not working?

I've been trying to apply 5 $500 AARP gift cards since Friday both online, calling general reservations and then the gift card department today.  They keep getting an error and say it's because of the cyber security breach last week.  Anyone else having issues with these processing or having them work the last few days?

Did cancel a shore exc paid partially by a gift card but balance hasn't been returned to card yet. The email did say they will email me a new gift card in the next couple days so I'll see.

6 hours ago, Jareen said:

I've been trying to apply 5 $500 AARP gift cards since Friday both online, calling general reservations and then the gift card department today.  They keep getting an error and say it's because of the cyber security breach last week.  Anyone else having issues with these processing or having them work the last few days?

Try again in a few days. The worldwide computer issues of the recent day need to reset.

• Like 2

We always call HAL directly to use the AARP cards @Jareen. Keep in mind the email confirmation you receive from AARP references an order#. That is not the gift card number. You have click on the red link in the email that says GET YOUR REWARD. When you do, you will see the gift card # and the important PIN #. You need this information to complete your benefit (whether by phone or on line). I find it MUCH easier doing it online with HAL by calling 1-877-724-5425. Our last cruise we used 20 $500 cards saving $800 - and the HAL representative was kind and patient as can be! 

• Like 2

Finally was able to call them in today and it was very easy.  I had tried online several times and called in twice without luck.   It seemed to be linked to the cyber attack  issues so I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My cancelled shore excursion credit went back to the original gift card even though the email stated a new gift card would be issued so just another reminder to keep track of all gift card numbers until they have been totally expended on a cruise!

• Like 2