Transfers from Southampton to London

CV990

We are on the Apr 29th East bound and are looking for the best way to transfer from Southampton (the pier) to central London (the Sheraton Park Tower).

TIA for any suggestions,

Rick

You may care to consider the train. There is an excellent service from Southampton Central to London Waterloo which runs every 40 minutes or so. The journey takes about 90 minutes. Southampton Central is a 5 minute cab ride from the pier and there are always plenty of cabs. Try http://www.thetrainline.com for times and fares but it will be a lot cheaper than a taxi or a Cunard Transfer.

Rick

Howard and I found 3 differant companies that will pick you up and drop you off in London. The best was 185 BP = $373.00 thats for 5 persons it might be cheaper for 2. Let me know and I will e-mail you the information.

Jeff

There is also coach service such as National Express which is one of the more economic options. I went into their website and the service they offer is very similar to what you may purchase through the QM2 services but about half the price if you book with them directly.

We are using Woodford Chaufferur service for our westbound sailing on the QM2. We are not traveling until the end of August, but have already signed up with them. We have not used their service before, but I have heard glowing recommendations about them. Go to http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/ and fill out the enquiry form and someone will get in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours about your needs. We are flying into Stansted Airport and they will be picking us up and taking us to a hotel in mid London. Then the next day, they will pick us up at the hotel and take us to Southampton to board the QM2. Good luck and have a great cruise.

We are using Woodford Chaufferur

We have not used their service before, but I have heard glowing recommendations about them. Go to www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/ and fill out the enquiry form and someone will get in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours about your needs.

My wife and I used Woodford to get from London to Southampton in January, before our WB Crossing on QE2 - the service was wonderful, the driver very pleasant, and a beautiful vehicle. You will NOT regret using Woodford !!

Tom

• 5 weeks later...

Woodford offers a great service. They meet you just as you clear the ship and take your bags and off you go. Sit back in comfort, read the paper and take it easy.

See this link for a comparison to Cunard prices. By the way, we did our own dis-embark by wheeling our bags off the ship and you can leave when you want (after clearance of course).

Archived