What flight time do you suggest?

vesw01

We are sailing on the Valor and am curious what time you think we should book our flight from MIA back to Chicago. There was a non-stop at 340pm on United (Oct 1st) - is this a good flight time? We are probably just going to take a cab from the port to the airport.... We also wouldn't mind trying to find a flight time that might get overbooked - we have nothing going on so we could take a bump.

Any thoughts?

3:40 is fine... you might want to find some other things to do in Miami, as you may be off the ship pretty early... but there is plenty to do in Miami. That gives you plenty of time to get off the ship, have lunch, and leisurely get to the airport.

We just returned and were in port at 5:30am, with the first call for "self assist" debarkation at 6:45 am ( it continued until about 8am). We were the next group off at 8:30 am, and we were at FLL airport at 10:30 am waiting for a 2pm flight. The airport was busy, but we got through ticketing and security quite fast. There were no earlier flights available, so we sat around for 3 hours. Now, on the other hand, we have had 12 noon flights that we barely made (right after 9/11) so I would rather sit for 3 hours than miss my flight. Alot depends on when the ship arrives, clears customs, and when your deck is called, most of which you have no control over. You will be fine with a 3pm departure, but you may find yourself sitting and waiting for a time. The ship does offer some land based tours that will drop you and your luggage off after they finish. One is a tour of South Beach, and another is a tour of the everglades.

Just looked up the Miami excursion - we may think of doing the everglades tour - just b/c we are there and why not - it suggests for those with flights after 3pm. My DH and I will discuss see what makes the most sense. The 340 flight is $30 more pp but is on the airline we always fly - try to get FF miles anyway we can <sigh> Just have to work through it

Archived