Serenity or Cocoon - noise

Sololux

Hi, I’m thinking of either the serenity or cocoon suites.  My concern is related noise.  The cocoon suite is on deck 6 so would there be a lot of noise from the aft pool and bar on deck 5.

The serenity suite veranda is larger on deck 9 compared to deck 7.  However, there is another pool on deck 10 and I’m wondering if you get a lot of noise from sun loungers, etc, being dragged across the deck, especially early in the morning.

We sailed in a Cocoon suite in March in the Caribbean. It was very noisy for two reasons:

1. Kids in the pool below us were "being kids". Our wonderful deck was not peaceful.

2. In the Caribbean at tender ports newer ships do not anchor. They use a GPS system to keep the ship in place using its thrusters. The noise and vibration from the rear thrusters was constant from early morning until sail away at many of our destinations.

If we were to book a residence on Explora again, it would be mid-ship not in the rear, even though the Cocoons are wonderful suites.

We're booked in a Serenity on deck 9 for a crossing to Barcelona in April. I have similar concerns about noise, especially given CJANDH's comments about noise in the Cocoon residence. However, we decided to take a risk as we love aft-facing rooms. Not sure when you're traveling, but I'll post about any noise we experience.

Thanks Seabright.  I’m not able to book yet, see my thread on last minute booking, but would be grateful for your views.  The longer crossings look great but what threw me when I was thinking about it was the price for flights.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 8:48 AM, sea bright said:

We're booked in a Serenity on deck 9 for a crossing to Barcelona in April. I have similar concerns about noise, especially given CJANDH's comments about noise in the Cocoon residence. However, we decided to take a risk as we love aft-facing rooms. Not sure when you're traveling, but I'll post about any noise we experience.

You should be fine with your choice. First, deck nine is well above the rear pool area and the pool may not be too popular on a transatlantic cruise (chilly). Secondly, on a crossing you will be spared the thruster vibrations as you will not have any tender ports. 

Enjoy your crossing and keep us posted on you impressions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2024 at 7:06 AM, Sololux said:

Thank you for your feedback CJandH.  I’m gravitating more towards the Med and not during school holidays if possible.

I don't think many of the Med ports will restrict the use of anchors. So the thruster vibrations may not be an issue for you. We have just returned from a Greek isles cruise on Regent and anchors were used at all our tender ports.