Excursion Info for Millie, Apr 9th. Eastern Car.

jimcon

First time cruiser- Any tips about excursions, do's or don'ts, must see's or don't bothers, or any other helpful hints about the ship or cruising in general. Would appreciate any up to date info. What's the latest on the sewage odours on some of the decks. Is it still a problem?icon5.gif

Hi Jimcon - come visit us on the roll call board - we have a nice group going. We will be meeting above the pool deck after the muster drill for sailaway. A lot of the answers to your questions are posted over there.

Excursions - there's a lot of great choices for St Thomas - we generally do a snorkeling one and there are many options available. You can shop at the pier and Paradise Point is a lovely place to take the tram and have a drink at the top overlooking the harbour. San Juan you can explore old San Juan on foot and visit the fort, El Morro. Very interesting. Lots of great shopping and many sidewalk cafes there. Nassau you can visit Atlantis or take an excursion out on the water. Casa de Campo is Spanish for stay on the ship. If you love gourmet food in an old world setting, book a dinner in the Olympic restaurant one night. Don't overpack if you can help it - the laundry service onboard is reasonably priced and you can get it back the next day. Anything in particular you would like to know, feel free to ask. We have been on Millie twice and never experienced this smell thing so I am cautiously optimistic - who the heck knows though.

Just relax and enjoy. If you don't enjoy the company of your tablemates, speak to the maitre d' immediately and change your table. They are used to it!!

Don't be talked into excursions that are not supplied by the cruise company. We have often left people behind. If you are on a ship's tour, the ship will wait. But not if you have gone off independently. Happens more frequently than you think!! With the latest tragedy, it is even more important when you are in a foreign country to go with properly licensed and insured operators screened by the cruise line.

When you leave the ship always take a copy of your passport and a credit card. Just in case something happens.

If you are unhappy about anything, immediately go to the Reception Desk and report it - don't let it fester and spoil your trip!!

We have experienced odours on just about every ship we have sailed on. Its a "s h i p"!!!

If you go to Grand Cayman, swim with the Stingrays.

Casual dining is a very nice experience. So is the aft deck - usually a guitarist there - private yacht feel to the experience. (Aft of buffet restaurant).

The alternative restaurant is a true fine dining experience - well worth $30 - in UK would be $200 - each!!!

The shows are fab - Las Vegas standard.

Take a felt tip to mark off the days activities you want to participate in.

I am sure you will get lots of replies - these are for starters!!

Cheers Wolfie, Thanks for the info including the spanish lesson.My wife Frances and I look forward to meeting you on board.We just signed up for the cruise critic party. Hope to see you there!

Cheers Wolfie, Thanks for the info including the spanish lesson.My wife Frances and I look forward to meeting you on board.We just signed up for the cruise critic party. Hope to see you there!

if you stay on the ship in casa de campo you will be missing out on a fabulous evening.. the tour for the show at nite under the stars is awesome.. the amphitheater is unbelievable and the show is incredible.. during the day you can either take a snorkel tour or we took an electric bike tour (not scooters) and not in traffic.. it was just beautiful scenery.. we went thru a small village and to a horse breeding farm.. great photo ops.. casa de campo is Oscar De Laraenta's luxury resort and is worth seeing.. its a waste to just stay on the ship.. if i had a choice as to which place to stay on the ship i would pick san juan over casa de campo..

Archived