Thermal Suite Change in days and pricing

Ricks

we are going on the transatlantic in november on the Viva, its a 16 day cruise.... the option to purchase the Thermal suite was always up there for 14 days for $419 each.... now when you click on it, its not available. So I called and was told you can purchase for 16 days for $538 each.... I told them you can't use it on the first day and certainly not the last day.... and said tt has always been for sale for 14 days for $419.....

just did if I want it, its for 16 days for $538 each..... totally bogus ....

not a happy cruiser with NCL.... totally ridicules 

Has anyone else dealt with this over pricing

• Haha 1

Interesting. I went to check on the Thermal Suite for our June Bermuda Cruise on the Getaway and it's also showing unavailable. Guessing they're making a fleet wide pricing increase?

I just called to buy 16day thermal spa passes for my boss (wife) and I, for our 17day Star 2024.12.5 Transatlantic sailing.

On the NCL website, it shows 14day pass, but no price, and says need to call.  Even though it's before final payment which is in a few days, I have to pay for that thermal pass in full now.  We like to hot tub/whirlpool, so we'll make sure we'll use the spa every day on that sailing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ricks said:

we are going on the transatlantic in november on the Viva, its a 16 day cruise.... the option to purchase the Thermal suite was always up there for 14 days for $419 each.... now when you click on it, its not available. So I called and was told you can purchase for 16 days for $538 each.... I told them you can't use it on the first day and certainly not the last day.... and said tt has always been for sale for 14 days for $419.....

The Viva and Prima thermal spas are worth every penny. They are the best in the fleet. You should be able to use the spa the first day at about 5pm or 6pm. 

• Like 1

We just love the Thermal Spa, never mind the one they have on the viva, Its just how NCL handled the whole pricing on it. Im also mad at myself for not just booking it when it was $419 each.... Welcome to the new way of cruising charge you for anywhere you step inside of a cruise ship. I was thinking about the Vibe pass.... that's off the table now..... 

it will be a fun cruise......... I was just letting out steam!!!! 

20 hours ago, Ricks said:

Thanks for posting. I too was checking this out and considered booking but no longer saw it available. Crazy pricing

Spa pass for our October transatlantic on the Epic was consistently shown on line as unavailable for advance purchase. When we phoned to make final payment (did this very early) we inquired when it would become available. Agent said we could book it anytime by phone, just not yet on line. We did it immediately. YMMV

No idea how price compares then vs. now vs. on board, but we're already looking forward to that great thermal pool! 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Ricks said:

It is likely that it was initially listed incorrectly. I purchased a 9 day pass for our 9 day cruise, months ago. I’ve only ever seen the passes listed (and sold) as the same number of days as the cruise. For example, you can’t purchase a 5 day pass for a supposedly 7 day cruise. You really will disembark on the 17th day on a 16 day cruise. As one of the posters stated, technically you can use the spa on the first day. It’s just that the staff will likely be giving multiple tours.

Edited by roddy good boy

22 hours ago, Ricks said:

We are also on this cruise and I saw the same thing. It was available for 14 days at $419 and now it is gone. It might be sold out. I bought the 21 day pass for $399 on the Encore last spring. Unfortunately, I didn’t use it enough to justify purchasing it again. 

Looking at a 13 day transatlantic cruise on the Viva @ $400 PP OUCH

We just go off the Prima and have to say the thermal spa a disappointing experience. I think the Breakaway was a better experience

The gym is Above the spa and the jets in the heated pool is weak

i most likely will purchase but wish  NCL kept well enough alone.

We were on a 12 day transatlantic last fall and the spa pass was advertised as $199 in the day 1 daily.  We ran down to book and they said oops, we forgot to change the price from the previous shorter cruise.  Price would now be $329.  We passed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodgers671 said:

Looking at a 13 day transatlantic cruise on the Viva @ $400 PP OUCH

We just go off the Prima and have to say the thermal spa a disappointing experience. I think the Breakaway was a better experience

The gym is Above the spa and the jets in the heated pool is weak

i most likely will purchase but wish  NCL kept well enough alone.

The Prima's thermal suite is designed badly, yeah. I loved the ones on the Jade and Escape and hopefully will like the Encore. Prima, though... very noisy, we had to shout for them to turn the pool jets on and who decided to put the quiet heated loungers under the treadmills and free weight area...

I go on embarkation day, even with the tours. I also try to go several times on Sea Days, and once a day on port days, just to get my money's worth. 

Anyone else having issues pre-booking the spa pass?  I went to buy it for the 3 of us and it kept removing one of the items.  So, I booked for my 2 daughters and now when I go back in it keeps giving me an error message and wouldn't let me book.  I called my PCC and she tried also and said she couldn't get it to go through either and that I should just buy it onboard (which hopefully they wouldn't try to charge me more for).  My PCC said there must be some kind of a glitch as she has been trying to buy a spa pass for her daughter for 2 months.

Other than just keep trying periodically, does anyone have any experience or tips for this problem.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

One thing I like about CC is info like this.  I went to my sailing next July to Greenland and Iceland on the Star and purchased the pass for 14 days.  Cost was $309 PP.   If this change is going fleet wide I wanted to get ahead of the change.... 

I should add to illustrate just how wonky the website can be.   I went back to my online account and the passes show as available to purchase even though I purchased them.  I did print out the confirmation page before exiting so have proof of purchase

Edited by davencl

28 minutes ago, goldmom said:

Anyone else having issues pre-booking the spa pass?  I went to buy it for the 3 of us and it kept removing one of the items.  So, I booked for my 2 daughters and now when I go back in it keeps giving me an error message and wouldn't let me book.  I called my PCC and she tried also and said she couldn't get it to go through either and that I should just buy it onboard (which hopefully they wouldn't try to charge me more for).  My PCC said there must be some kind of a glitch as she has been trying to buy a spa pass for her daughter for 2 months.

Other than just keep trying periodically, does anyone have any experience or tips for this problem.

Thanks

Yes I just booked the pass for DW and I.   When I went to my cart it had removed one of the passes.   On the cart page was a button to readd to cart.  I clicked that button and got lucky so was able to purchase both.  This probably won't help in your case but I did see similar behavior.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 10:04 PM, Middleager said:

I just called to buy 16day thermal spa passes for my boss (wife) and I, for our 17day Star 2024.12.5 Transatlantic sailing.

On the NCL website, it shows 14day pass, but no price, and says need to call.  Even though it's before final payment which is in a few days, I have to pay for that thermal pass in full now.  We like to hot tub/whirlpool, so we'll make sure we'll use the spa every day on that sailing.

So some people are having trouble buying passes online, and even if calling PCC.  When I first called NCL about the thermal spa pass, they lady took some time to find out the price.  She also told me I cannot buy from her or NCL, and it needs to go through my Travel Agent, because I booked the cruise with a TA.

When I asked my TA, she said she cannot add to my account and it needs to be NCL.  I called NCL again, and the lady said sure if I wanted to buy, just need to pay in full then.  So that's the time I gave my CC to buy the 2 passes for my wife and I.

Oh, for us the price was in Cnd, as we're from Canada.

21 hours ago, Ricks said:

We just love the Thermal Spa, never mind the one they have on the viva, Its just how NCL handled the whole pricing on it. Im also mad at myself for not just booking it when it was $419 each.... Welcome to the new way of cruising charge you for anywhere you step inside of a cruise ship. I was thinking about the Vibe pass.... that's off the table now..... 

it will be a fun cruise......... I was just letting out steam!!!! 

Hey Ricks!

I think we will see specials once on board.  I checked yesterday, and even after final payment date, there are many balcony cabins available.  I didn't check all categories, but I'm guessing only 80% full for this sailing.

Thermal spa is listed as opening at sail away on day 1. Definitely not an entire day, and definitely not open on debarkation day. 

I generally see thermal spa listed to book but have t seen it explicitly listed by number of days.