HELP! - Alaska sailing on the Zuiderdam 6-17-2006

QueenYaYah

Hello! - This is my first time to sail with HAL and I'm getting VERY concerned about our choice of ship (Zuiderdam) - My final payment is due on April 3, 2006 (sailing date of 6-17-06).

I keep checking the HAL website just to make sure that the rates haven't gone down before I make payment - and for the last few days each time I check they have more and more cat. available. Two (2) weeks ago they only had cat. SY and higher available, last week cat. VC and higher and now today they have all but cat D. available!!! Also the Zuiderdam shows availabilty for all of the 2006 Alaska season - I thought that you were supposed to book early because Alaska sells out fast. Should I be concerned? (We have a cat. VE guar.) Also, I've already booked pre and post cruise hotel in Vancouver and have already booked excurisions online for the trip.

Should I try and find another ship/cruise line? This will be my husband and I's 25th wedding anniversary cruise so I really want it to be special.

I'm REALLY concerned about the "looks" of the ship - I'm used to the decor of RCCL - tried Carnival once - just not for me - too much like Las Vegas for my taste.

Anyway, sorry for the long post - but would appreciate any advise you might have.

Relax:D My family and I just came back from the Zuiderdam, you'll both love this ship, and if the cabin gods shine on you and your upgraded so the better. I scanned the reviews going back to the ships birth (berth?) before our trip and found after boarding, none to be truly accurate, at least since, the ship came out of dry dock Dec05'. The ship is clean, beauitful, well maintained, and fun to be on. It's my belief some folks are not happy until they find something wrong , rather than enjoy the world that is presented to them. My sainted gradmother used to say in russian

that some people would b*tch , if they where in heaven:rolleyes: happy sailing!

Oh, if your going to Junio, take the sea plane to TAKU Lodge great food and is a the foot of a glacier. You will not regret it.

Archived