Getting a vibe cabana on board the ship?

I have the Vibe booked for my upcoming cruise.  It was not an option to book a cabana online.  But on my last cruise, it wasn’t either, but I got one when I called.  However, after booking the Vibe online because I was desperate to make sure I secured it, I called to ask if I could upgrade to a cabana. And the rep told me me the only way to do that was to cancel my Vibe booking and then look for an open cabana thereby possibly lose my Vibe reservation, which I declined because Vibe is a dealbreaker for me and I must have it.  Anybody know if once you board the ship you could go somewhere and ask if there is a free cabana to book?  Where is the place to do so, if it can be done?  I can certainly live without it but I kind of want to have it.  TIA.

It was able to be done in April on the Joy. Had pre booked a Vibe pass and was able to upgrade to a cabana when we boarded, but it was the last one available. 

13 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

I have the Vibe booked for my upcoming cruise.  It was not an option to book a cabana online.  But on my last cruise, it wasn’t either, but I got one when I called.  However, after booking the Vibe online because I was desperate to make sure I secured it, I called to ask if I could upgrade to a cabana. And the rep told me me the only way to do that was to cancel my Vibe booking and then look for an open cabana thereby possibly lose my Vibe reservation, which I declined because Vibe is a dealbreaker for me and I must have it.  Anybody know if once you board the ship you could go somewhere and ask if there is a free cabana to book?  Where is the place to do so, if it can be done?  I can certainly live without it but I kind of want to have it.  TIA.

What ship are you on?     I tried in vain for many months to upgrade our Vibe passes for a couple cabanas for our past June 2024 cruise on the Joy.   Since the cabanas are new to the Joy, they for the most part have been available once you board.    

However, I would call again and inquire.   Then call again.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

What ship are you on?     I tried in vain for many months to upgrade our Vibe passes for a couple cabanas for our past June 2024 cruise on the Joy.   Since the cabanas are new to the Joy, they for the most part have been available once you board.    

However, I would call again and inquire.   Then call again.   

I'm on the Joy to Bermuda 8/28.  I will call again and see if someone different can help me.

6 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

I'm on the Joy to Bermuda 8/28.  I will call again and see if someone different can help me.

Figured it was the joy lol, seems they still haven’t got the vibe cabanas figured out. @vacation44 must of spent hours upon hours trying to get their vibe cabana squared away, as have I and many others I’m sure. I had to call quite a few times and have been told;  not available for purchase yet, if it’s not on online then they’re sold out, sir this is a Wendy’s, have to get them once onboard, etc. Finally my PCC was able to snag one for me, but it’s still not showing as an option for others on my cruise. 
Id keep calling, checking NCL.com and app. Good luck!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JamesIowa said:

Figured it was the joy lol, seems they still haven’t got the vibe cabanas figured out. @vacation44 must of spent hours upon hours trying to get their vibe cabana squared away, as have I and many others I’m sure. I had to call quite a few times and have been told;  not available for purchase yet, if it’s not on online then they’re sold out, sir this is a Wendy’s, have to get them once onboard, etc. Finally my PCC was able to snag one for me, but it’s still not showing as an option for others on my cruise. 
Id keep calling, checking NCL.com and app. Good luck!

Yes, I spent a lot of time on it!     It was frustrating as I knew they were available and there was one person on our roll call that was able to secure one weeks before the cruise.     Our PCC was unable to secure them for us, but I think he gave up trying.     Glad it worked out for you.

@grouchomarx  My advice is also go directly to Guest Services upon boarding.    We first went to our muster station which delayed us to getting to Guest Services.  Even though we were relatively in the first boarding group after Haven, the time spent at our muster station cost us the cabanas as we just needed to be there a minute or two earlier.   

• Like 1