2 1/2 Hour Power Failure on Liberty 3/22

mfs2k

I don't know the park you were in, but there are lots of them in the area.... When you come to NY, I'll show you some of the others.

As for Timmy's Dad..... gmta.... (see above post, responded to before I read yours)...

Dunkin Donuts was just going to be a meeting place........ From there, who knows.... Bet there's a Ponderosa Steak House not too far.....

I miss Ponderosa!!! We use to call it "Piggerosa" when we were younger. There are none of those here! :( I also miss Roy Rogers. So good!!! We don't have that either.

We use to drive out to the Jersey Shore (Seaside Heights) every summer and rent a house for the week. We would always try to hit the places that are not in IL since we wouldn't get to do it again for a year.

The parks in NY are very nice. I hear there is a pretty big waterfall out there. ;) Never been but it is on my to do list!

I miss Ponderosa!!! We use to call it "Piggerosa" when we were younger. There are none of those here! :( I also miss Roy Rogers. So good!!! We don't have that either.

I've been VINDICATED... No, I don't look like George Costanza !!!

I have been told I look a little like a white version of Ray Romano tho

mks2k:

I was just having fun reading this thread, but now I gotta know. Just where do you live (I don't need the specific street number!)? My DH grew up (well, he got older) in Red Hook and my DSis lives in Goshen.

Jersey, are you thinking of the Vanderbilt mansion? It's probably the most famous mansion in the area.

Maybe I have an old TV, but I always thought Ray Ramano was white.

mks2k:

I was just having fun reading this thread, but now I gotta know. Just where do you live (I don't need the specific street number!)? My DH grew up (well, he got older) in Red Hook and my DSis lives in Goshen.

Jersey, are you thinking of the Vanderbilt mansion? It's probably the most famous mansion in the area.

I live in Nyack in Rockland County, NY.

Funny, my sister ALSO lives in Goshen ....... Maybe you are related to me??? <kidding>

Maybe Ray Romano is white.....He doesn't look a bit hispanic? I guess the rest of his tv family is about as white as you get..... Perhaps his character was adopted??? I wonder if I was thinking of Freddie Prinz Jr????? Don't tell me he's white too........ What about Ray Charles? Its a hispanic name.......<I know - I'm burying myself in stupidity..... Bring it on.....>

Ok -

What a horrible experience!!!! Were you offered any compensation? Geez!!!:cool:

There ya go! Something unexpected happens and bang someone is looking for a free ride at someone elses expense.

The ship experienced a mechanical problem that was corrected as rapidly as possible. There was no loss of life or we would have heard about it on evary news outlet known to man. Just some people inconvienced on vacation.

I wish that every whiner lookking for a freebie would get over it!!!

Now you all can flame me to death if you like, but I just get a belly full of garbage like this! Sorry I visited....

John actually blamed the late arrival on it being a busy port day with all the ships waiting to get into the canal

That is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!

I dont mind criticism, but lies are not called for..... John NEVER said any such thing

It is very true indeed. But I guess you were just too accepting of everything else to pay attention to what he said. Since we on the other hand were up at 6am getting ready for our 7am excursion, I know full well exactly what he said - and John did indeed blame the late arrival on it being a busy port day with all the ships waiting to get into the canal.

facts are facts - please don't distort them

No, I don't look like George Costanza !!!

Didn't ask if you "looked" like him...asked if you were "related" to him. D.D and Ponderosa....Cheap....have to do better than that to win T'sMom over :p

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification. But even so, how would a backup at the canal amount to an inexcusable transgression (as you characterized it in your other post) on the part of Carnival. Seems to me that would be as much out of their control as a mechanical function that couldn't be addressed until in port.

I just do not believe they were honest in their communication (as I do not believe the ships waiting to enter the canal had anything to do with us getting in late to Panama) - and after already missing one of 3 ports on this 8 day cruise, to screw up a 2nd one made matters all the worse.

One I could live with - 2 out of 3 raises my ire

I live in Nyack in Rockland County, NY.

Funny, my sister ALSO lives in Goshen ....... Maybe you are related to me??? <kidding>

Maybe Ray Romano is white.....He doesn't look a bit hispanic? I guess the rest of his tv family is about as white as you get..... Perhaps his character was adopted??? I wonder if I was thinking of Freddie Prinz Jr????? Don't tell me he's white too........ What about Ray Charles? Its a hispanic name.......<I know - I'm burying myself in stupidity..... Bring it on.....>

Ok -

It's not a hispanic name; he's Italian!

Didn't ask if you "looked" like him...asked if you were "related" to him. D.D and Ponderosa....Cheap....have to do better than that to win T'sMom over :p

I dont think i have to "win" anyone over........

T'sMom already is on her way for a piece of the action, and JerseyGirl's been craving Ponderosa for years.......

After dinner, we can settle in somewhere classy.......

Surely there's a classy place in Columbus, Ohio

and no, Im not related to a fictional TV character.. But I am related to Bart Simpson. He's a cousin on my mother's side.

Thank you, Liv. I'm more of a Krispy Creme and Outback kind of gal. Trust me, Timmys Dad will not be tagging along!

T'sMom already is on her way for a piece of the action, and JerseyGirl's been craving Ponderosa for years.......

After dinner, we can settle in somewhere classy.......

I may be easy, but I'm not cheap!

I just do not believe they were honest in their communication

One I could live with - 2 out of 3 raises my ire

After seeing how the first communications came out on the Star Princess, and the Galveston U-Turn, the QM2 Rio cruise (this is the CCL coporation overall), and how things were explained officially on my cruise, let's be realistic. The communication not only s*cks, but is more often than not, less than acurate or honest. Same could be said for a lot of other corporations.

Sadly, expecting upfront and honest communications, is only setting oneself up for dissapointment and fustration.:mad:

Thank you, Liv. I'm more of a Krispy Creme and Outback kind of gal. Trust me, Timmys Dad will not be tagging along!

I may be easy, but I'm not cheap!

As long as you're easy, we can go somewhere expensive!!!!!!!

I may be cheap, but I'm not stupid

mks2k:

Yes! Thank you. It was the Vanderbilt mansion. It was really nice and well worth the $ to tour.

And I also think Ray Romano is at least a little Italian. :)

Hey! I'm cheap AND easy!!! :D

She turned down a fancy restaurant for Applebees.:eek: As for the easy part, I'll refer you to the postings on the "Wow the other boards are scary" thread.;)

Payback is such a b*tch!

She turned down a fancy restaurant for Applebees.:eek: As for the easy part, I'll refer you to the postings on the "Wow the other boards are scary" thread.;)

Payback is such a b*tch!

Payback for what??? Just because I called your wife a double-wide doesn't mean anything!!! :eek: She could be a skinny minnie for all I know!!

And Applebees is good food. I love their chicken fajita roll-up! Yummy...

And the Holiday Inn Express thing...well....what can a girl say?:o

Payback for what??? Just because I called your wife a double-wide doesn't mean anything!!! :eek: She could be a skinny minnie for all I know!!

And Applebees is good food. I love their chicken fajita roll-up! Yummy...

And the Holiday Inn Express thing...well....what can a girl say?:o

A Holiday Inn Express sure beats a lot of other places I can think of........

The back seat of a car comes to mind........

Payback for what??? Just because I called your wife a double-wide doesn't mean anything!!! :eek:

Way I see it, you're lucky she doesn't know where you live. Be a truck load of horse manure out front if she did.:eek:

Way I see it, you're lucky she doesn't know where you live. Be a truck load of horse manure out front if she did.:eek:

I think the truck load of manure would be on you!

"Honey, I was talking to some girl on the internet and she said you are a double-wide and....."

"Wait! Why are you talking to some girl on the internet???" :mad:

I think the truck load of manure would be on you!

"Honey, I was talking to some girl on the internet and she said you are a double-wide and....."

"Wait! Why are you talking to some girl on the internet???" :mad:

I've been married 29 years. When I show her how I went to bat for her on the comment, she will ask me to turn on my devious abilities and find you.

Then, I will have to pay for talking to some girl on the internet. I will be shoveling the manure onto the back of the truck. Now, where the heck is that bottle of Motrin?...........:rolleyes:

Archived