Best Nile River Cruises

A Nile river cruise is next on my list. Looking at Viking, AMA, Avalon, NatGeo, etc, etc. So many different cruise lines to consider.

I have a good budget for it, but I like to feel that I am getting an experience that is worth the money. Would appreciate any suggestions, as well as good or bad prior experiences that I should consider. Best time of year, etc.

TIA!

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at the River Cruise and Viking River Cruises forums on Cruise Critic. We went with Viking, even though they are not our favorite river cruise line. But they did a fantastic job on the Nile. They have been doing the trip for years and have all the right local connections. Their new ships are fantastic and they have preferred docking sites. We were never docked right near another river cruise ship although we saw a lot of that on the river. Definitely do the extra trip to Abu Simbel and the dawn balloon ride over the Valleys of the Kings and Queens. We went in April, weather perfect. It was Ramadan but no issues with that. Actually things were quieter in a good way.