Corsica- What to do and what to see?

We will be in Corsica. Arriving in Propriano. Has anyone been to Corsica before? Any suggestions on what to do, where to go and what to see?

We are very flexible do you it on our own, private tour or ship excursion.

Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Thanks;) :p :) :rolleyes:

I too am calling at Propriano at the beginning of August and would like to know if its worth going to the prehistoric site or just wandering around the town on our own. Or is there a lovely beach nearby?

We called at Ajaccio 2 years ago. We spent the day (rather showery) in town looking at Napoleon statues and museum, small local produce market and shops and cafes.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the information. I have been unable to find anything about this tour comapny. Do you have a link?

Has anyone else been to Corsica? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Here's the link to our photos of Ajaccio, click Med album, then click around page 2-3, lovely town, we could have spent the whole day there, snacking at cafes, shopping, sightseeing. Agree with Tally about the lovely counryside.

http://community.webshots.com/user/rob42ca

-Bob

Fabulous Four & Kate54: Who are you cruising with? I would love to go to Corsica, and would also like to conbine it with a cruise, but some of the cruises I've found only have a few hours there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fab 4

I'm on the Princess Med Adventure in June. I think there is a really nice beach close by and as most of the stops on the Med Adventure don't ahve a beach it might be nice to rest awhile after all the hecticness of Rome and Naples.

I beleive the beach is basic but very nice.

Savanaman

You raise a good point of taking some time to smell the roses. Sometimes I try to fit so much in....well you can imagine. Do you have an active roll call? I think I'll check it out to see what is happening as on my roll call we have a few active folks but not a lot of posters.

Have a great time. I am on the 8/5/06 cruise.

Fab Four

• 1 year later...

Archived