LIVE from Celebrity Infinity: Best of Greece August 17, 2024

18 hours ago, chemmo said:

Much as BA flights often look to be the ‘best option’ for us when travelling worldwide we rarely use them now. We have had issues with them changing our first flight to LHR with a comfortable 3 hour cushion to a 1hr 10mins dash, been in a business lounge that was overcrowded and had plates and glasses uncleared, long waits at security…In addition they have ‘lost’ our baggage twice, once going out and once on return. Quite simply I would rather fly another airline and travel via Amsterdam or Paris. Your tales of being bused is quite simply unacceptable in this day and age. Whilst LHR is an old airport the BA terminal is not and yet it is obvious struggling…In addition communication with BA is almost impossible, even when flying business. Long waits for them to answer the phone then the invariable answer that they ‘can do nothing’ about changes they have made…

13 hours ago, Judyrem said:

I agree with your assessment of BA lounges.  The last time I was there they did not look good at all and the food was mediocre, however the drinks were fine.

The stairs thing on many European flights is very upsetting, we had that issue going to Sicily on Ryan Air three months ago.  Yet not one man stopped to help my friend (we are not spring chickens) with her carry on, we had to tough it out and I was exhausted and my arms were sore.

They are not mobility friendly.

Glad we were not the only ones frustrated with BA! 😆

2 hours ago, Coolcruise02 said:

Thanks for your informative review. I loved following along.

One question-Did Celebrity keep your passports during the cruise?

Thanks!

They did not!  I don't even remember them scanning our passports on embarkation day-just our Xpress boarding passes.  

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 6:30 AM, love2crews. said:

Last Thoughts

As you have likely figured out, we really struggled with the overall food quality on the ship.  So much so that we will be sailing a different line for our next cruise.  What is our next cruise?  Your guess is as good as mine! 🙃

I'm always wanting to go EVERYWHERE.  Lucky for me, my mom and sister could care less where we go.  I just tell them what to pack and they show up.  The planning, researching, organizing-that's half the fun!  I'm sure many of you would agree. 🙂

However, what our cruise lacked in food, it made up for in service!!

Service was 100/10.  Celebrity does an OUTSTANDING job with crew, service, attention to detail-all of it!!!  I'm sure many of you would agree with this as well.

Sooo-that's the end of this LIVE.  I do have all the daily papers, spa papers, tender papers-things of that sort.  So if there is something specific you would like, let me know and I will post here.

Thanks again for following along and I hope you enjoyed cruising the Med with us!! 🤩

Thank you very much, @love2crews. for this live review. I enjoyed following along and to experience a different kind of vacationing. We are more explore-on-our-own than using tour guides. Your feedback on the ship food is useful even though a cause for dismay since we will be on Infinity in December. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you @love2crews for your write-up. I've enjoyed reading about your travels for this cruise.  I was the one who asked about the captain and cruise director for this ship.  I've started following Captain Ionnis Kasimatis on Instagram, hoping to get a little more insight on my upcoming cruise September 28th on Infinity.  We have a very similar itinerary to yours.  I also follow Captain Kate who is on Beyond and she's very interesting.  I was on Beyond earlier in the year in the Caribbean and it was as the name says - Beyond.  Beautiful ship. Great food too.  While you may be switching lines for better food...maybe try Edge class ships?   I'd recommend Beyond.  Maybe try newer Ascent. 

Anyway - back to Infinity cruise...  I do have a question regarding Mykonos.  I didn't understand how the docking/tender works.  My itinerary says we'll tender, but I couldn't tell if yours did as well, or did it dock and then a tender takes you directly into town?  Or do you need to then take another tender from the main dock into town?   Unfortunately, I will not have priority tender times, but do plan on getting off ship as early as I can to avoid some crowds.  We'll be 1 of 3 ships in port that day.    

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 8:03 AM, love2crews. said:

August 17, 2024 (Part 4)

We headed to Tuscan Grille for dinner.  Our reservation was at 6pm, but we checked in a bit early.  We were the 1st ones to check in and were the only ones waiting for a good 10 mins.  Then another couple came and checked in.  A min or two later, another party walked in and the Maître d’ sat the 3rd party immediately.  A little upsetting, but we didn’t say anything.  There are bigger issues in this world!

IMG_9409.thumb.jpeg.90082956abb2e02f4c4354d75f7ce1ca.jpeg

We were sat at a lovely table by the water.  Our sever was Moyo and he was amazing!  He recommended several dishes and was super helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.  He cut fresh basil table side and then poured olive oil and vinegar to dip the bread in.  I’ve never seen anyone do the fresh basil like this and we all agreed it was a really nice touch.

IMG_9413.thumb.jpeg.85c1b02ee05f6f82b5bfc135bdca5914.jpeg

Now, I’m trying to figure out how to write this without sounding too negative.  Let me preface, we are big foodies-some might say food snobs.  Unfortunately, did not enjoy a majority of the food here.  Our mom ordered the Caesar and it was the exact one she had “made to order” at Oceanview buffet for lunch.  My chicken in my chicken parmesan had a very weird consistency.  The steaks were reminiscent of grocery store steaks (very thin and my sister grills very comparable-if not better-steaks at home).  My sister even ordered the “special” porterhouse steak that comes with an up charge (we thought this was included since the seafood towers on Edge class at Raw on 5 are included, but the steak was not).  The pasta is made fresh to order and you can even see them making it.  However, it did not taste like it was freshly made pasta. 

IMG_9410.thumb.jpeg.800a5c35dd41cb85fa6937af548af399.jpeg

IMG_9412.thumb.jpeg.50134bc5817bb82dbd90bbaa220eb997.jpeg

IMG_9421.thumb.jpeg.53f5645e53eb18aa303f92cccdb3e1d4.jpeg

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.d648e05cdc7b0219ef85032888878a8d.jpeg

IMG_9414.thumb.jpeg.be04e86ae6871cd4efc6b50d92383e16.jpeg

IMG_9418.thumb.jpeg.9ba2dbb486d251e143761df98919e979.jpeg

We did not leave hungry, but I do not foresee us coming back here.  If we hadn’t had specialty dining included, I would have been a little upset to spend $55 per person plus gratuity on this meal.

I hate to “complain” and it really pains me to write this, but I also want to keep this review honest.  Are we glad we tried it? Of course.  Will we be coming back?  Probably not.

We have had similar experience at Tuscan.  Average at best.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 1:13 PM, GotMINI said:

Thank you @love2crews for your write-up. I've enjoyed reading about your travels for this cruise.  I was the one who asked about the captain and cruise director for this ship.  I've started following Captain Ionnis Kasimatis on Instagram, hoping to get a little more insight on my upcoming cruise September 28th on Infinity.  We have a very similar itinerary to yours.  I also follow Captain Kate who is on Beyond and she's very interesting.  I was on Beyond earlier in the year in the Caribbean and it was as the name says - Beyond.  Beautiful ship. Great food too.  While you may be switching lines for better food...maybe try Edge class ships?   I'd recommend Beyond.  Maybe try newer Ascent. 

Anyway - back to Infinity cruise...  I do have a question regarding Mykonos.  I didn't understand how the docking/tender works.  My itinerary says we'll tender, but I couldn't tell if yours did as well, or did it dock and then a tender takes you directly into town?  Or do you need to then take another tender from the main dock into town?   Unfortunately, I will not have priority tender times, but do plan on getting off ship as early as I can to avoid some crowds.  We'll be 1 of 3 ships in port that day.    

We did not dock in Mykonos-we tendered in and it dropped us relatively close to the main town.  Maybe a 15-30 minute walk depending on your pace.

We did have much better luck with food on the Apex.  Much more to choose from, too. We’ll see what we end up going next! 🙂

On 9/3/2024 at 12:56 PM, Coolcruise02 said:

How many formal nights did you have?
Thanks!

To be quite honest, we didn’t really pay attention since we dined in our room often.  If memory serves me right, I believe there were 2 formal nights since it was a 7 day sailing. 

• Like 1