Celebrity 101 crash course needed for Star Princess passenger

biensur

I too will be cruising on Celebrity for the first time on 4/28. Last year' date=' we cruised with HAL and every guest received a complimentary beachbag/canvas tote which were allowed to take home. (The bag definitely got some use during the cruise, so I doubt they could have reused it anyway.) [/color']

Also, at every port, staff was handing out towels to the guests as they exited the ship for us to use on shore. This was great because we didn't have to take them from our rooms, and we could just drop off our dirty towels in bins when we boarded the ship at the end of the day.

It sounds like Celebrity doesn't provide the same service? Just want to make sure so I don't find myself towel-less and bag-less in Mexico.

Actually, the bag that is left in your room is free and for your taking. (It is a big blue bag with a white X on it). I don't believe you are charged for keeping it (I have two and have never been charged). I think it was only the umbrella you are not supposed to take home with you. Both the bag and umbrella are there for you to use at anytime including while in port.

As for the beach towels, they will be left for you in your room the night before a port, with the intention that you will be taking it to port. When you return, just leave it in your cabin and your steward will replace it for the next stop. You certainly won't be towel-less or bagless! :D

Archived