Online check-in difficulty

spearmint

Have managed to book online for 2 Princess cruises, but helping two traveling pals get signed in has been a nightmare.  Have put in the information, but the site refuses to "save and continue".  Another friend had the same problems... Two nights ago, my friends and I spent a couple of hours trying to get checked in. When one goes "back", and tries again, nothing has been saved, and one must put in the information all over again. 

Two examples:

To put in "emergency contact" information is a waste of time as the site won't accept it. Only the "cancel" button is lit, not the save.

Also, "payment method" does not work, but differently.... the site does pop up the "save and continue" button, but then the screen darkens and that infernal little circle of moving dots in center screen just goes on ad infinitum.

I am sure that we are not alone.  Anyone got any helpful ideas?  My only other recourse is to telephone Princess but thought that I would check here first.

Bill

20 minutes ago, spearmint said:

Should have mentioned this, perhaps, Rick and Jeannie.  I don't have a cell phone, and so I am indeed using both a desktop and a laptop.

Ah...OK.  That does make a difference.  About 2 years ago I was doing the exact same thing as you...booking for another couple.  I use Chrome on a Windows desktop.  It works great...but it wants to "help" you by remembering certain things (obviously cookie based) such that when I would try to start working on the other couple's booking it would "remember" random pieces of info from *my* booking.

I finally stumbled on this as a solution:

I continued to use Chrome for my booking...I did not want to screw up my future bookings by forcing it to work with someone else's data.  Then, I used (I think) Firefox for the other booking.  I have no idea if this will work for you as it did for me...and no, you SHOULD NOT have to jump through hoops like this but the Princess website and IT Dept. are notorious for poor programming.

You might give that a try...can't hurt.  (You did not say what operating system you were using, but if Apple you could go with Safari and Chrome (or Firefox...but of the 2 I would go with Chrome.)

You're not alone. I have two new booking that are having their own (but different) problems with online check in. Several chats and actual calls later, things are no better. Personally, I'm waiting until tomorrow in hopes of being able to reach someone in the US. If I have any luck, I'll update.

I use Firefox for everything. Here's a little more info. I have used my own email for all of us (two  cousins in Nov. and two lady buddies in Jan.)  The Nov. people have succeeded on their own with another friend's help, and cannot tell me how they did it! I am a  Platinum level but none of the four have traveled Princess before. So, I can get into the site either by register or by booking number.

I use the two Jan. ladies' booking number to get into the Princess trip organizer.  Both of their names and addresses come up, one at a time, as they are rooming together.  It's when I start going down the list of things to accomplish for each of them that things go wrong.  When I see what I information that I  have put in, it isn't hard to figure out that the problem is not I.  It has to be the Princess website and I am not surprised that you two helpers have reinforced that idea.

Sheesh!Tomorrow, I am phoning Princess and will let you know if I have any success. And like you, ckb63 I hope that I get someone in the US as well.

Bill

I have my own screenshots of the same problems that you are describing. Hopefully they will mean something to someone that has the ability or authority to act. When I called yesterday, the reps were keying in the same data on the same screens that I was using. In all honesty, I'm pretty disappointed with Princess right now. Maybe calling during the week in normal business hours will render better results? Best of luck! Please update if you have any success.

Hi, Guys,

Here's an update.  After trying again this afternoon, and still getting nowhere on the website, I called Princess.  All the information that I needed to add or errors I needed to fix, have been taken care of. I did not have to have the screen open, but I did have all the information written down so I could give it to the agent.

Following the call, I went online to double check, and, lo and behold, it is all there under the correct passenger name.  ckb63, I would definitely call. 1-800-774-6237.  Best of luck. And thank you both for your help.

Bill

My pleasure.  I have received so much help over the years from the great members of Cruise Critic that it is great if I can help any one of us.  (P.S. Don't forget; you helped me first!)

Bill