Mississippi River Cruise - Duration of Port Calls

RowArk

Hi everyone, I am new to cruising and have some questions regarding what to expect.

We are considering taking either the Historic Mississippi River Cruise or Lower Mississippi River Cruise. In regards to port calls, I am trying to estimate how much time we will have at each stop to explore.

For those who have taken the Mississippi cruises, or similar, what was your experience with this? 

Depends on how far the next port is. Typically you will see 8 AM to 5 PM, 9 AM to 6 PM, sometime an overnight in a port. On the Mississippi, port times tend to be longer on southbound trips versus northbound trips as the ship is fighting the current Going northbound. 

• Like 1

My wife and I are taking the Mississippi River cruise from New Orleans to Memphis next month.  The daily cruise schedule shows us being in port between 8 and 10 hours each day during the daytime hours, and overnight in a couple of places.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm leaving shortly for the ACL Lower Mississippi Cruise from Memphis to New Orleans.  Here's the itinerary for our trip.

Oops, though I tried to black out the particulars such as confirmation number, I see that the blackout can be removed.  Send a message to me and I'll send via email.

Edit - OK, trying again.  Someone please let me know if my personal information is still recoverable...

AmericanCruiseLineItineraryItinerary2.png

Edited by Blues51

• 3 weeks later...

Last September we took the Lower Mississippi River cruise from New Orleans to Memphis.  At that time, there were parts of the river that were a tad low, so we docked at a different place than normal.  That being said, you will find the time frame to be similar to that of a major cruise line.  Arrive early morning, depart early evening.  Our last day was in Memphis and we were overnight in that city.  In April, we took the Florida River cruise.  We left from Jacksonville and arrived back to Jacksonville, where we also had an overnight onboard.  Plan on a morning to evening time frame at each port.  Hope this helps!