Vancouver Canada Place Embarkation for Grand Suite Guests

I’m starting to dread our Vancouver embarkation for Explorer’s August 21 sailing. There will be three (3) ships embarking that day, RSSC Explorer, Holland America Zaandam, and Crystal Serenity.  Having never embarked in Vancouver I can only go on the experiences shared by others, and it sounds potentially dreadful.  I understand that many recommend arriving later, around 2:30 or 3:00, but I prefer being settled into our cabin by that time.  I understand this will likely require us to spend some (a lot?) of time in lines at the terminal. We do have Global Entry and I am hoping that option will be open on our particular embarkation day as I understand it is hit or miss whether they decide to open it on any given day. My question here is whether RSSC has any accommodations/lines at Canada Place terminal specific to Grand/Master Suites either for security/check-in or afterward while waiting to board?  Also, any thoughts or recommendations on how to make this embarkation go as smoothly as possible would be appreciated.

I don't think you should be overly concerned about your boarding.  Vancouver is the primary port for Alaska cruises and they know what they are doing.

Of the 3 ships you mention, the Zaandam is the largest, and the only one with > 1,000 passengers (1,400).  This is really baby stuff compared to when multiple 3,000+ ships are in at once.

Read your documentation carefully and show up when and where they tell you.

• Like 1

We checked in on August 7 for our 14 night Vancouver to Vancouver cruise. It was a very smooth process and probably took about 15 minutes from arrival at the taxi drop off point until we boarded the ship. 

Dave

• Like 2