2007 - 4/2008 QM2 and QE2 Itineraries announced (everything up to the '08 World Cruz)

Commodore Suzy

Cunard 2007 – 2008 Product Release for QM2 and QE2

I’ve just gotten the product release / list of itineraries for the 2007 – 2008 from my sales rep. (I’m a TA.) It was dated 3/13…and on that date they were projecting these sailings would open 3/31/06…but there might possibly be a delay due to the IT folks needing to assist with the Star Princess fire operational issues. (For those that don’t know, Cunard’s headquarters is inside of Princess’ and they share sales people, admin people, etc.) So, they might open on Friday 3/31 and might open after that if they get delayed.

Anyway, what I’ve got is a listing of the itinerary names, how long the sailings are, and what the ports are. It does not list exactly the full itinerary – such as port times or where sea days are.

Besides the itineraries, they advertise:

• More transatlantic crossings
  • Britannia Balcony Club Dining ( a new single-seating dining option for folks in a new upgraded “AA” Deluxe Balcony cabin category on QM2 ) Note! There is not deck plan with this PR announcement with the itineraries, so I’ve got NO idea what cabins they’re talking about. Just passing along the news here… J
  • 4-day getaway voyages on QM2 and 2 and 5 day on QE2
  • Sailing from NY to Caribbean RT

I’ll list the dates and itinerary names here for you, but not the full listing of ports unless I’m pretty sure they’re new this year. I assume some of these are the same as 2006 itineraries. If I miss any new ones that are particularly interesting, ask me. I’ll check back when I can for those of you with questions about ports on specific itineraries. You should be able to get the itineraries from your own TA or online as soon as they open for booking though.

And, FYI, this is just the “Transatlantic, Europe and Americas” program release. Obviously, Queen Victoria will be in a different product release at a later date to other locales. And the World Cruise comes out in it's own release sometime later as well.

QM2 2007 beyond the World Cruise already announced/open for booking already:

4/2 Caribbean Adventure 8 nights FLL to NY

4/10 Taste of the Caribbean 8 nights RT NY (St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Tortola

4/18 EB Trans 6 nights (All Transatlantics 6 nights unless noted)

4/24 WB Trans

4/30 EB Trans

5/6 Mediterranean Explorer 12 nights RT Southampton

5/18 WB Trans

5/25 Memorial Day Getaway 4 nights NY, Eleuthera Island Bahamas, NY

5/29 EB Trans

6/4 WB Trans

6/10 EB Trans

6/16 Norwegian Odyssey 10 nights RT Southampton

6/25 WB trans from France 7 nights (This is interesting… the last port before returning to Southampton on the Norwegian cruise is La Havre. Apparantly, you can get on there and then make Southampton a stop and do a transit to NY from France. The sailings overlap.)

6/26 WB trans from Southampton

7/2 Independence Day Getaway 4 nights NY Bahamas NY

7/6 EB Trans

7/12 WB Trans

7/18 EB Trans – two options.. 6 nights to Southampton or 8 nights to Hamburg, Germany

7/24 Summer Getaway 4 nights RT Southampton stop in Hamburg

7/26 WB from Germany 8 nights

7/28 WB from Southampton 6 nights

8/3 EB Trans

8/9 WB Trans

8/15 EB Trans

8/21 Summer Getaway 4 nights RT Southampton stop in Hamburg

8/23 WB Trans from Germany 8 nights

8/25 WB Trans from Southampton 6 nights

8/31 Labor Day Getaway RT NY to Halifax

9/4 EB Trans

9/10 Mediterranean Medley 12 nights RT Southampton

9/22 WB Trans

9/28 Splendours of the Fall 9 nights RT NY

10/7 EB Trans

10/13 WB Trans

10/19 EB Trans

10/25 WB Trans

10/31, 11/10, 11/20, 11/30, 12/10 Connoisseur’s Caribbean 10-night RT NY to Tortola, St. Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, NY

12/20 Caribbean Celebration 14 nights (holiday) NY, Tortola, St. Maarten, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, St. Kitts, St. Thomas, NY

QM2 2008:

1/3, 1/13, 1/23 Connoisseur’s Caribbean 10-nights

2/2 Panama & Caribbean 13 nights NY, Limon, Cristobal, Aruba, Bonaire, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, NY

2/15 President’s Day Getaway 4 nights NY, Bahamas, NY

2/19, 2/29, 3/10 Connoisseur’s Caribbean 10-nights

3/20 Easter Getaway 4 nights NY, Bahamas, NY

3/24 Panama & Caribbean 13 nights

4/6 Connoisseur’s Caribbean 10 nights

--- end of announced itineraries for QM2

QE2 2007 beyond the World Cruise already open. Sailings are RT Southampton unless otherwise noted:

4/27 Caribbean Crossing 16 night NY to Southampton through Caribbean first

4/29 Caribbean Crossing 14 nights (overlaps prior one) Fort Lauderdale to Southampton

5/13 Taste of the Mediterranean 10 nights

5/23 Iberian Getaway 5 nights

5/28 Mediterranean Mosaic 13 nights

6/10 Voyage of the Vikings 14 nights RT Southampton (Nearly all Norwegian ports with Iceland added.)

6/24 Land of the Midnight Sun 14 nights – all Norway again

7/8 Mediterranean Odyssey 16 nights

7/24 Norwegian Wonders 7 nights

7/31 Mediterranean Treasures 12 nights

8/12 Mediterranean Adventure 14 nights

8/26 Iberian Getaway 5 nights

8/31 Mediterranean Splendour 15 nights

9/15 QE2 40th Anniversary Celebration 8 nights Southampton, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Greenock, Liverpool, Southampton

9/23 Autumn Colours 19 nights RT Southampton through Canada and New England including RT crossings of course, how cool!

10/12 Autumn Getaway 2 nights Southampton, Brussels, Southampton

10/14 Mediterranean Sojourn 14 nights

10/28 Canary Islands Splendour 12 nights

11/9 Ancient Wonders of the Mediterranean 16 nights (Includes Egypt, Turkey, Rome and Athens…among others)

11/25 Atlantic Isles Idyll 11 nights (lots of Canary Islands)

12/6 Christmas Markets 8 nights

12/14 Festive Getaway 2 nights Southampton, Brussels, Southampton

12/16 Caribbean Calypso 21 nights Southampton RT to Eastern/Southern Caribbean

---- End of QE2 Announced itineraries.

Please be mindful of the Cruise Critic rules here. Please don’t post a question about pricing here on this post. Please ask your TA or search the Web or Cunard’s own site once the opening day hits. If you do not obey the CC rules about directly asking for pricing or ‘contact me’ or any of that, CC will remove this entire post and all it’s helpful information from the boards.

I’m hoping that many people will find this useful for some time to come.

Thanks for your understanding!

Cheers!

Thank you for posting.

Do I read it correctly, QM2 will do neither this years voyages around the horn nor a world cruise nor anything else interesting but just caribbean cruises like all the other Princess and Carnival ships?

In reading the "fine print" I did find a note that the new Category AA is going to be 100 cabins sliced out of currently marked A1 Category cabin. I'd imagine the center-most A1s will be AAs.

FYI

Carl....What you see is what they're offering. I'd bet Queen Victoria will do everything interesting because she isn't mentioned at all in "Transatlantics, Europe and Americas" sailings. That tells me she'll be doing other stuff.

I noticed Fort Lauderdale missing for the most part after the upcoming World cruise. Not that its a big deal for me but that is precisely where I'm catching the ship for my first ever cruise on the QM2 this December. Sounds like I'll be on one of the last few trips planned out of that port for awhile. Interesting!

Normally I would cry if I hear mention of Carnival's effect on Cunard and any other of their lines. However! The short getaways to the Bahamas from New York just screams that other cruise lines name. Let's hope the Independence Day cruisers of 2006 enjoy the Canada/New England run which is something I rather do that the other planned for 2007.

Thanks for posting this information!

It seems that Cunard has made a few changes in the QM2's schedule.

While sailing with them this past December, we tentatively booked the first eastbound transatlantic from New York which was then scheduled for April 12th after a 10 night repositioning from Ft. Lauderdale (post world cruise). This was to allow us to stay in the UK for a few days to visit family and friends before returning on the QE2 April 21-27 westbound transatlantic.

Interesting.

Alan

Alan, yeah.... I didn't take a chance to look at how the newly-announced stuff was "hooking up" with the older announced stuff.

It seems that quite often if you're booking on the last known sailing of the "old" stuff your cruise can be changed, where you'll get automatically re-booked, or canceled altogether. Usually if changes are required, they'll put the new cruises into place and then slowing notify everyone on effected changed cruises that hook up to the new stuff. It's always a possible pitfall of booking the last thing on the schedule you can currently see. And it's SUCH a bummer when they do that too, because usually you've been looking forward to that particular cruise a LOOOOONNNNGGG time before they decide to change their minds. :rolleyes:

Yeah Bram, I have mixed feelings about the short cruises in 2007. I like the sailings to NE better than Bahamas, but a lot of folks like the tropical destination. No matter where she goes short though, she'll sell like hotcakes. SO many folks want to try her out but can't afford (or think they can't afford) a longer one. I know I wanted to do the 3-day out of LA last year when she was over here on the West Coast, but the per diem price just made me choke and I didn't book it. Then, with the engine problems, if I'd been on that sailing I would have been on her for the "meeting of the queens" after they changed the date of that and I regretted not forking over the dough earlier. Oh well.

It's my hubby and my long-standing plan to do a Transatlantic in early 2007 followed by a week in England, so I'm excited personally to see the dates and itineraries. I need to work on him tonight and see if he agrees that 4/30 is a good date! If we decide he doesn't have enough vacation, then 5/29 hopefully! :D

Cheers!

There is a way with Cunard to put yourself on a waiting list before they even open for "booking". The folks you're talking about must be doing that.

There was so many people on Queen Victoria's inaugural sailings waiting list that it sold out (or nearly) right when it opened.

Archived