Purchasing trip insurance before final deposit v when booking cruise

Hello Steve, 

Just a booked 13 day cruise tour with Princess Aug-Sept 2025. Have looked into trip insurance and it is expensive. My T/A says we could delay purchasing until just before final deposit instead of now to avoid buying the insurance and having to cancel, where we would be out the money for the insurance. But it also could go up. The plan is with Allianz. I have always purchased at time of booking

thank you

21 hours ago, hawk/hornfan said:

Hello Steve, 

Just a booked 13 day cruise tour with Princess Aug-Sept 2025. Have looked into trip insurance and it is expensive. My T/A says we could delay purchasing until just before final deposit instead of now to avoid buying the insurance and having to cancel, where we would be out the money for the insurance. But it also could go up. The plan is with Allianz. I have always purchased at time of booking

thank you

Hi hawk/hornfan,

I understand what your TA is saying, but, in my opinion, it's based on either not fully understanding how trip insurance works, or they are limited in what plans they offer.

You could wait until Final Payment, but you will likely pay more by waiting. Plus you will be a year older.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1

Thank you Steve I appreciate the response. It was my feeling as well. I just told her purchase the TI plan. She has been my T/A  for 15 years and has saved me a great deal of money.

Thank you for the advice

Mike

• Like 1