Taxi at YQB

PugM0m

Hello,

Another non-Canadian looking for help😄. I am flying into YQB in September, trying to figure out how much it is going to cost to get my group from the Airport to the Comfort Inn Airport East. I looked on the airport website and found the information below. Two questions, am I correct that the hotel is in the Sainte-Foy area and what does this "During the day and night, a fee of $0.90 + GST and QST " mean?

Thank you for any help.image.png.9706c4ad0cffc366cc3c17c0531e78ee.png

7 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

Hello,

Another non-Canadian looking for help😄. I am flying into YQB in September, trying to figure out how much it is going to cost to get my group from the Airport to the Comfort Inn Airport East. I looked on the airport website and found the information below. Two questions, am I correct that the hotel is in the Sainte-Foy area and what does this "During the day and night, a fee of $0.90 + GST and QST " mean?

Thank you for any help.image.png.9706c4ad0cffc366cc3c17c0531e78ee.png

According to Google Maps, the Comfort Inn Airport East is only 3 km from the YQB terminal, so yes, is in Ste Foy. Not sure what the fee means, but the GST and PST are the Goods and Services Tax and the Provincial Sales Tax, which combine to about 15%, so $0.90 + tax is approximately $CAD1.04, or about $US0.77 depending on what US/Canadian exchange rate you use.

I assume the hotel does not have a shuttle? Many hotels that close to the airport perimeter have shuttles

image.thumb.png.935ed7e7b00b176665eb97f11a0098b4.png

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

According to Google Maps, the Comfort Inn Airport East is only 3 km from the YQB terminal, so yes, is in Ste Foy. Not sure what the fee means, but the GST and PST are the Goods and Services Tax and the Provincial Sales Tax, which combine to about 15%, so $0.90 + tax is approximately $CAD1.04, or about $US0.77 depending on what US/Canadian exchange rate you use.

I assume the hotel does not have a shuttle? Many hotels that close to the airport perimeter have shuttles

image.thumb.png.935ed7e7b00b176665eb97f11a0098b4.png

When I was looking at hotels, I tried sorting by those that have shuttle and I was surprised that not a single hotel by the airport showed having a shuttle, so I just assumed that for some reason they did not offer that service. But if you say many of them do...I will call the hotel see. Thank you

3 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

When I was looking at hotels, I tried sorting by those that have shuttle and I was surprised that not a single hotel by the airport showed having a shuttle, so I just assumed that for some reason they did not offer that service. But if you say many of them do...I will call the hotel see. Thank you

Sorry for the confusion, I meant that in general terms, in my experience, many airport hotels have shuttles to and from the terminals, particularly ones that close. If you say that YQB hotels don't then that's what it is.  Taxi drivers must love picking up all those 3 minute fares ;o)

8 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Sorry for the confusion, I meant that in general terms, in my experience, many airport hotels have shuttles to and from the terminals, particularly ones that close. If you say that YQB hotels don't then that's what it is.  Taxi drivers must love picking up all those 3 minute fares ;o)

That was my thought too, so was really surprised when not a single hotel near the airport came up with a shuttle. I thought maybe they weren't allowed to provide free shuttles so that people were forced to pay for transportation. I suppose $20 for a 3 minute ride isn't bad. 😆