Lemonade/Iced Tea - Sweetened or not?

AAAMom

I'm planning on taking a large box of Splenda packets with me this fall. I'll sweeten my coffee & iced tea with that rather than sugar, or even worse, Sweet & Low (UGH!!).

I had to google it and this is what I found:

"For those of you who don't know what an "Arnold Palmer" is, it's a mix of lemonade and iced tea. This combination has been legendary for years and has appeared in several other brands of beverages. However, this is the first one to use the Arnold Palmer name. We'll start with the outside. It looks very similar to the original Arizona Iced Tea cans (we're sure it's the same one), but it has a full body wrap with black & white photos of some of Arnold Palmer's finest moments. It's actually quite an attractive design. As for the flavor, Arnold Palmer Lite has a nice light black tea flavor with a mellow lemon finish. To keep the calories down, they've used a blend of high fructose corn syrup and Splenda -- you won't even know that you are drinking a product that has Splenda in it. An awesome reduced-calorie product."

I'm planning on taking a large box of Splenda packets with me this fall. I'll sweeten my coffee & iced tea with that rather than sugar, or even worse, Sweet & Low (UGH!!).

I use Splenda and eating establishments are slowly getting it. When we were on the Serenade in January, the attendant in the Windjammer came by with her coffee cart. I noticed some yellow packets towards the bottom of the cart and asked about the Splenda. She said they have it on request, but will not leave it on the tables, because people tend to take more than they need (read steal it!) I always carry extra Splenda. In a pinch, I will use Equal, but never Sweet & Low or, heaven forbid, sugar.

--Judy

I admit, I would abscond extra packets of Splenda myself. Personally, I'm not sure which is worse, Sweet & Low or sugar. However I absolutely love Splenda; plus the fact that Splenda dissolves in cold water where we all know that sugar doesn't (at least very well).

When we were on Mariner last year I said on the comment card that there needs to be an option of sweet tea. You have to add the sugar when it's hot or it just doesn't taste right.

I'm a southern girl and I need my sweet:eek: ice tea ;)

Archived