Will we ever get to cruise through the Red Sea and Suez Canal again?

ATWCruiser

I think you meant in May 2026 going through Suez Canal which is on the Vista ATW2026.  I don't think we will see cruising in this part of the area for a long while.  Like one of the commentators said, cruise companies need to plan ahead. These abrupt itinerary changes is a logistical nightmare and probably hurts their bottom line too as well as having to deal with unhappy customers.  I hope Oceania get creative with their itineraries and rename them as world cruises so they can do like they did in ATW2022 where they did half of the world instead of going around the world. But that route was changed due to the pandemic but I still liked the updated itinerary. It was something fresh and new.

1 hour ago, ATWCruiser said:

I think you meant in May 2026 going through Suez Canal which is on the Vista ATW2026.  I don't think we will see cruising in this part of the area for a long while.  Like one of the commentators said, cruise companies need to plan ahead. These abrupt itinerary changes is a logistical nightmare and probably hurts their bottom line too as well as having to deal with unhappy customers.  I hope Oceania get creative with their itineraries and rename them as world cruises so they can do like they did in ATW2022 where they did half of the world instead of going around the world. But that route was changed due to the pandemic but I still liked the updated itinerary. It was something fresh and new.

You are correct. SorryThe cruise starts in 2025 and is 197 days

• 2 weeks later...

It is sad.  One of our favorite cruises was Nautica from Mumbai to Athens in April 2017.  Would do a repeat!  Amazing ports and sights to behold.

Joe

• Like 4