Hotels Near Long Beach

LynnTH

Am wanting to use points/free night certificate for our hotel the night before our cruise out of Long Beach.  Wanting something in a good and safe area with restaurants/shops within walking distance.  I think I have it narrowed down to the following.  Seeing if anyone has any info on these hotels. There are 8 of us going.  So will be getting a few rooms.  4 Adults with 4 Kids (who are all in their 20's)  Thank You.

1.  Staybridge Suites Long Beach Airport - Free Airport Shuttle, Free Breakfast and Social Hour from 5:30 to 7.

2.  Courtyard Long Beach Downtown - Has 2 - Top Golf Suites you can book for an hour at a time - looks fun.

3.  Long Beach Marriott.

Long Beach Marriott is great, right next to the airport, but there is nothing close by (food, things to do). They do have an onsite Mexican restaurant. This is more of a business hotel and stays for air flight crew.

Haven't stayed in the other two you mentioned. 

When with family we usually stay at the Marriot Courtyard Long Beach Airport. Free shuttle and lots of food options you can walk to. It's about 30 minutes give or take to San Pedro CT.

15 hours ago, sports pirate said:

Long Beach Marriott is great, right next to the airport, but there is nothing close by (food, things to do). They do have an onsite Mexican restaurant. This is more of a business hotel and stays for air flight crew.

Haven't stayed in the other two you mentioned. 

When with family we usually stay at the Marriot Courtyard Long Beach Airport. Free shuttle and lots of food options you can walk to. It's about 30 minutes give or take to San Pedro CT.

Thanks. I think that we will take #3 off the list then.  Want places to walk to.  Anyone know anything about #1 or #2 on my list?

Last time I was in Long Beach ( before Covid)  the areas around 1st street to 4th street seemed to have lots of restaurants.  Look at hotels close to Seaport Village ( I think thats the name).  Nice little touristy marina with shops/restaurants.

13 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Last time I was in Long Beach ( before Covid)  the areas around 1st street to 4th street seemed to have lots of restaurants.  Look at hotels close to Seaport Village ( I think thats the name).  Nice little touristy marina with shops/restaurants.

Thanks. Will try that. 

FWIW, we used a Marriott free night cert for the Renaissance (which seems to have been converted to a Marriott) in downtown Long Beach pre-cruise in 2022.  There's a small cluster of three Marriott hotels (Marriott, Westin, Courtyard) in downtown Long Beach that I wouldn't have minded using my cert to stay at location-wise.  Felt pretty safe walking around the downtown area and areas closer to the water (like the Pike Outlets, Shoreline Village shopping area, etc) which were fairly lively. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milhouse said:

FWIW, we used a Marriott free night cert for the Renaissance (which seems to have been converted to a Marriott) in downtown Long Beach pre-cruise in 2022.  There's a small cluster of three Marriott hotels (Marriott, Westin, Courtyard) in downtown Long Beach that I wouldn't have minded using my cert to stay at location-wise.  Felt pretty safe walking around the downtown area and areas closer to the water (like the Pike Outlets, Shoreline Village shopping area, etc) which were fairly lively. 

Thanks. I was leaning towards the Marriott Courtyard LB Downtown.  I think the kids would like the TopGolf Suite we could rent.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Milhouse said:

I'll second this for the OP. There are a number of Marriott brand hotels in the downtown area, near Ocean Blvd and the Shoreline Village. Lots of decent restaurants around the marina as well. Great area, lots to see and do.

Edited by lx200gps

This is the one I was looking at.  Is this one in this area?

Courtyard Long Beach Downtown

500 East First Street, Long Beach, California, USA, 90802

3 hours ago, LynnTH said:

This is the one I was looking at.  Is this one in this area?

Courtyard Long Beach Downtown

500 East First Street, Long Beach, California, USA, 90802

It is. The Renaissance/now Marriott we stayed at is three blocks west of this Courtyard.

12 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Can you use it at the Residence Inn Long Beach?

It is a great location, easy walking distance to the shops and restaurants in the Shoreline area, the Aquarium of the Pacific and Queen Mary. I would not in your case, stay by the airport.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Lmq6NUZyFVR87Dz7A

I can go there. I just looked at rates and unfortunately, they don't have any points bookings available for my date.  I will keep it in mind though in case anything changes.  Thank You!