Enchanted- Aug 31st. First sailing with the new Premier

If i read the press release correctly, Enchanted rolls out the "new" premier on Aug 31st. She will be the first ship in the fleet to roll out with, I believe, Majestic and Sky following behind on Sept 1.

Really curious to hear any live perspectives on the rollout. This appears to be a love boat themed cruise with some of the cast from the show, plus the 80s band Air Supply on board as well. Last long weekend of the summer, busy ship, lots of people will make for an interesting logistical rollout.  

I have to think a change of package inclusions of this magnitude might have been better left to the following week on a probably quieter ship.

Or did the  corporate team behind this have a performance bonus hinged to a rollout by end of q3 so they made sure they started in August 

Hoping that some folks on this cruise will be kind enough to do a "live from" and let us know how this goes !

35 minutes ago, funship freddy said:

We sail Enchanted on September 7th and have upgraded to the “new” Premier.  I will post what I find.

Thanks, look forward to hearing about your experiences. We are on the 21st sailing.

Side note, have you booked you SD meals, and if so, what did you encounter in terms of availability, desired time etc. ??? 

We booked our SD prior to the new plan. We did book additional after the change and had no problem with availability. Our new res. were booked at $0.00

We have a 16 nt. Hawaii booked for 2/25 and made more SD with no issues.

good to know, thanks. I'm booked as well, got what i wanted but now it seems ( on the 21st anyway) the only restaurant available before 8pm is The Catch. Fine by us as I love seafood, but would think that some others may find it a bit limiting .

Re the SD booked before the change, I assume you paid.How will reimbursement work ? I tried to pay the $!0 thru the chat system but couldn't because orig booked thru Costco so ill do that next.

I'm on the Aug 31 sailing, I wanted to wait until I got on board to book Rudi's but decided to book today. I looked at the other SD and I saw no openings. Hopefully they are saving some for when people get on board. 

9 minutes ago, qoap24 said:

I'm on the Aug 31 sailing, I wanted to wait until I got on board to book Rudi's but decided to book today. I looked at the other SD and I saw no openings. Hopefully they are saving some for when people get on board. 

that's where this entire process is going to be a bit chaotic. At the current capacity and times, it going to be harder and harder to reserve. Next thing you know, dinner reservations will be scalped like concert tickets!  " Who needs a pair at Crown Grill " 🙂

• Haha 2