Posh Beach Club

pcrum

I’m so excited! I was able to purchase 2 Posh Beach Club passes for our eastbound TA cruise on Epic in October. We did the westbound TA in April and were unsuccessful in being able to get Posh passes and there were days when Spice H2O was filled to capacity. 

We have enjoyed the Yacht Club on MSC, but Haven has been a bit out of our price range, especially for a TA cruise, so we are taking Gary’s advice and going “Haven Light,” lol.  Hoping to establish a relationship with the bar staff and get good service. Do they still do shots? Are there any other special services provided?

How much shade is there?  I’ve watched videos on YouTube, but the umbrellas seem to always be folded up. We are very fair skinned, so appreciate shade. Hoping that’s not an issue. 

Any insight on Posh would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

You can ask the crew to open the umbrellas. Unless there is a weather/safety related reason that they can't, they will do it for you. They'll even move the umbrella around to give you cover. 

It's been over a year, but in addition to the bar, there aren't any extra services or hot tubs. I found the easiest to access, is go to the glass elevators from the pool deck, swipe your keycard and you can go up to the posh deck. Here is a photo of one side. The other is the other direction, and I scribbled out a person in the background. There is also an upper level, but if I remember correctly (and it may have changed) there was a smoking area in the upper level

H342220800_608069250985523_7397277218845782473_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=833d8c&_nc_ohc=yiBrK1exa6IQ7kNvgGN8Qiz&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AYBV0PIPM1aFQppEUkOpePRb6vKR1ulXVABVg8frMvN6ZQ&oe=66D57AFA

posh1.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

I couldn't get my post to edit. The umbrellas were stored in the corner and the crew will bring them out upon request and set them up for you.

That is great news! And, thanks for the photos! I am really excited. 

Hi there.

We are on the Epic TA in October this year, heading west from Rome to Cape Canaveral Oct. 17 - 30.  We did the eastbound trek (Cape Canaveral to Barcelona) on Epic in April 2018 (seems so long ago...). 

We didn't know about POSH then, but experienced the Vibe (POSH equivalent) through the Panama on Bliss this past December.  The staff are AMAZING and will work with you to make your journey the best ever!  However, the umbrellas didn't come out a lot, due to wind, but the staff would make whatever accommodations they could to make your cruise more enjoyable.

Unfortunately, the Epic POSH doesn't have hot tubs, which is a thumbs-down for us.

In any case, "shots-o-clock" happened frequently and a good time was had by all.

Enjoy your cruise!

Leets

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We got POSH passes in Feb ‘23…when they were $59 each.  Even at that price we didn’t enjoy the experience.  We were on a southern Caribbean cruise and the umbrellas were not allowed, even when docked, due to wind.  Most of the space is in the sun.  There are a few seats in the shade, but they are very deep barrel back so if you’re not really tall they are not comfortable. But, if the ship is moving it could be nice even the sun.

It does have a very nice bar…small, but covered and goid drinks.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, cruiser1961 said:

Hi there.

We are on the Epic TA in October this year, heading west from Rome to Cape Canaveral Oct. 17 - 30.  We did the eastbound trek (Cape Canaveral to Barcelona) on Epic in April 2018 (seems so long ago...). 

We didn't know about POSH then, but experienced the Vibe (POSH equivalent) through the Panama on Bliss this past December.  The staff are AMAZING and will work with you to make your journey the best ever!  However, the umbrellas didn't come out a lot, due to wind, but the staff would make whatever accommodations they could to make your cruise more enjoyable.

Unfortunately, the Epic POSH doesn't have hot tubs, which is a thumbs-down for us.

In any case, "shots-o-clock" happened frequently and a good time was had by all.

Enjoy your cruise!

Leets

We are on the same cruise in October on the Epic.  We also have sailed eastbound TAs on Epic, both in 2019 (Port Canaveral to Barcelona) and in April of this year (Port Canaveral to Rome).  I'm looking forward to gaining an hour each day for 6 days instead of losing an hour!

I understand there is no hot tub, but having a sundeck with a hopefully guaranteed seat and good bar service is a plus for us.  I'm hoping for some shade; I feel like the seas should be calmer the closer we get to FL, so hopefully getting an umbrella will not be too much of an issue.

I'm ready for "shot o'clock" and to have someone bring me a cocktail while lounging in a chair enjoying a good book!  I've tried for Posh passes on every NCL cruise we have sailed on (all have been on Epic most recently) and this is the only time I was successful.  I had to call to order them, as online it was showing as unavailable, but when calling for dining reservations I asked if they were available and lo and behold, they were!  It made my day!!

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

We got POSH passes in Feb ‘23…when they were $59 each.  Even at that price we didn’t enjoy the experience.  We were on a southern Caribbean cruise and the umbrellas were not allowed, even when docked, due to wind.  Most of the space is in the sun.  There are a few seats in the shade, but they are very deep barrel back so if you’re not really tall they are not comfortable. But, if the ship is moving it could be nice even the sun.

It does have a very nice bar…small, but covered and goid drinks.

You got a great price!  We paid $299 each, but our cruise is 13 nights.  It may be a one and done for us too, but I have always wanted to try it and this is the first time I have been successful in finding passes available to purchase.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, pcrum said:

You got a great price!  We paid $299 each, but our cruise is 13 nights.  It may be a one and done for us too, but I have always wanted to try it and this is the first time I have been successful in finding passes available to purchase.

Yeah I know the price we paid was nice!  With your cruise being longer and a TA you should have more time to enjoy.  Re: the Epic.  I find it to be whimsical.  The artwork is quirky, there’s an escalator on one deck midship, the cabins are odd…but we loved her.  I highly recommend a trip down the funnel slide.  Even for a senior like me, it was so much fun.

Enjoy your cruise!!

EDIT…I reread and see you’ve sailed Epic a few times.  Have you done the slide?

Edited by laudergayle

8 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Yeah I know the price we paid was nice!  With your cruise being longer and a TA you should have more time to enjoy.  Re: the Epic.  I find it to be whimsical.  The artwork is quirky, there’s an escalator on one deck midship, the cabins are odd…but we loved her.  I highly recommend a trip down the funnel slide.  Even for a senior like me, it was so much fun.

Enjoy your cruise!!

EDIT…I reread and see you’ve sailed Epic a few times.  Have you done the slide?

Lol.  Are you referring to the "toilet bowl drain slide"? I climbed to the top with the intention of doing the slide on our 2019 cruise. Watching the people in front of me getting stuck and having to push/scoot their way to the hole to go down was too much for me.  I chickened out!  I did attempt the rock climbing wall and was quickly put in my place when a young child (maybe 4 years old) made it to the top and rang the bell while I was barely able to get a few feet off the ground!

We also love the Epic.  The room layout that people complain about doesn't bother us in the least.  I'd much rather have the shower capsule than a shower curtain any day!  We've always found the staff to be very accommodating and enjoy the entertainment.  We were sorry to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert end.  Very sad that NCL is getting away from Broadway shows.  Magicians and game shows are not our thing, but we enjoy the live music, Howl at the Moon dualing pianos and the Beatles cover band.  In April, there was a singer/piano player by the Martini Bar who was wonderful! 

31 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Watching the people in front of me getting stuck and having to push/scoot their way to the hole to go down was too much for me

Check it out again!  We had no issues getting to the hole.  In fact water pressure was so good the lighter-weight tubers were going in backwards.  

I always wanted to try rock climbing but have never had the courage…especially with an audience.

Wishing you an Epic TA.

• Like 1