Royal Clipper deluxe suite

RoddyGateau

I don't think so. We haven't been fortunate enough to stay in one, but have looked at the balconies from the deck. I certainly wouldn't call them "verandas" but your terminology may differ to mine.

If you do a Google search, you will find some recommendations on here. In 2016 soemone posted "But, if you are willing to spend the money, I would go for the Deluxe suites 301-314. They have large windows and your own balcony that is quite private. We've been in these twice now. I would avoid 313-314 as they open on to the deck, have kind of an odd shape, and for some reason used physical keys instead of a card." 

I do remember seeing a huge key hanging from the door of one of those that opens onto the deck.

I wouldn't say that they are all private. The balconies nearest the bow are easily overlooked from the deck, and I don't think they're private from each other either.

Someone on here does mention a launch (lifeboat?) above one of the cabins, and I can see that from photos I have of the ship.

10 hours ago, RoddyGateau said:

Do the deluxe suite verandas have any shade?

Simple answer: It depends. Some of these balconys are underneath the tender boats, which may give shade sometimes, but due to that sometimes the balconies are wet after tenders taken out of the sea. And, as long as tenders are in use, there will be no shade.

Other balconies (more forward) have only zodiacs or life saving equipment on the deck above, so there is likely less (or no) shadow.

• Thanks 1