Wedding on a Princess Cruise

Stickman505

I’ve found some vague information about weddings on Princess and am wondering if anyone can provide some details/reviews.  In particular we’re curious about a Wedding on the Ruby Princess.  Any information would be appreciated (especially regarding quality and pricing).

Thanks so much.

I know YouTubers have posted about having a wedding aboard Princess. I also believe Princess has a relationship with Say yes to the Dress personality Randy?

Venues will vary depending upon ship. At the bottom of the Princess.com webpage you should see a link Plan a group or celebration which should then provide link to weddings

You can find a Wedding Chapel on every ship. Other venues are always a possibility. My expectation is that if you want the ship captain to do it, it has to happen while the ship is in international waters.

We've done a few one-night Seattle-Vancouver and Vancouver-Seattle repositioning cruises and these are popular for weddings. These do seem to attract the "let's get drunk and be wild" crowd, and run the staff (especially the MDR staff) ragged.

We were married on the crown princess in 2011.  It was wonderful and I highly recommend it.  Princess is one of the few cruise lines that are licensed to preform marriages at sea.  They do outsource this to another company.  We are also doing a private vow renewal on our 15th wedding anniversary in 2026 on the Sky Princess.

our wedding was preformed by the captain so it had to be on a sea day.  They can have maximum of 2 weddings per day at sea.  Our wedding certificate was issued by Bermuda since that is where the ship is flagged.  Preparations are much easier since you have less choices to make.  The wedding location is the chapel on board.  You have a few options on flowers, but they are limited.  If you want photos/video, it will be the ship’s photographer.  We had a small reception (there was 15 of us on the ship).  We chose the length of time and had 2-3 options of food.  We also asked for (and paid) for music at the reception. Based on the number of people Princess chooses the location.

i believe you can also be married on board at a port (e.g. boarding day), but you must supply the officiant.  The captain can only marry you on a sea day.

i am happy to answer any specific questions you may have (if I can emember the details)

• Like 1

DH and I only did a vow renewal on the Crown in 2009 and it was very nice performed by the captain.  On the same day there was a wedding just before us...I have to say the family looked like everything was wonderful.  We saw them every where that night on the ship dancing! Men in kilts! And the bride was the star of the ship everywhere she went ❤️

• Like 1