Best way from Tokyo to Yokohama with luggage

Stacycee

Are there any busses from Tokyo that go to Yokohama to join the ship?  We will have a bit of luggage so I would prefer no trains.  Something like the limousine bus from the airport to Tokyo would be perfect or a shuttle company?

Thanks so much!

Posted (edited)

This was from my post when I returned from japan.  In short, my answer to your question and my entire post which may or may not be helpful to you.  We checked out late then took the Keikyu Bus which was the best option to get to Yokohama for us.  I had already known from watching YT vids that there was a manned bus ticketing counter at the airport, so we didn't have to fiddle figuring out how to buy the tickets.  The counter is right when you come out of arrivals after clearing customs.  We paid with cc and opted for the YEN price vs USD (better rate).  The cost was $6.60 each.  We took the elevator down one floor to #8 bus stand.  The bus stand attendant took our tickets and put our luggage under the bus.  We did not have to handle it as you would on the train.  (A downside to the train was having to transfer at the big station and we didn't want to do that, nor take a taxi from there to the pier as many did).  We were dropped about 100m from the pier and it was easy to roll the bag on the sidewalk.  We got on board all said and done around 2pm and left the ship to walk around Yokohama (much to do there) until dinner time.  Our ship departed at 8pm.  Keikyu Bus:  https://www.keikyu-bus.co.jp/en/airport/h-yamashita/ 

You can read my post here.  I AM THE ORIGINAL POSTER AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.  POST #1 ON THE FOLLOWING LINK.  

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 2

Also, keep in mind WHICH pier you need to go to.  We boarded at the SHINKO PIER and my post was based on that in post #2 above.  We got off the bus at the Intercontinental Pier 8 and as I said in my post, it was a short walk with luggage on a pretty flat sidewalk to the pier.  You can see the other stops on my link to the bus.  

On 8/31/2024 at 12:13 AM, Stacycee said:

Are there any busses from Tokyo that go to Yokohama to join the ship?  We will have a bit of luggage so I would prefer no trains.  Something like the limousine bus from the airport to Tokyo would be perfect or a shuttle company?

Thanks so much!

I I read your question correctly, I think you are asking about bus from your Tokyo area hotel to Yokohama to board your ship.

As far as I know there is no bus service similar to the bus companies that take passengers from Tokyo area airports (Haneda or Narita) to their hotels in the Tokyo metropolitan area.

I only know of 2 options: 1) metro/local train or 2) taxi.

Hope this helps. 

On 9/10/2024 at 7:35 PM, rwmiller said:

We took a taxi from the Minato City area of Tokyo to the cruise pier for $103. Made transporting our 3 large suitcases very easy. 

Bob

As did we; we stayed between Minato and Ginza and needed a taxi to our Yokohama hotel. $95 USD (metered fare) for 3 passengers + 2 large (28-inch) suitcases and 1 standard carry-on; it was a 45 min ride door-to-door. Well worth the expense to us!

Our Tokyo hotel arranged getting an appropriately-sized taxi for us when I emailed the concierge about a week in advance of our trip, but I believe you can also alert them about your plans and needs when you check in.