Cayman Jeep Safari & Rum Point Beach Tour

number8

I was wondering if anybody has taken this tour and what they had thought of it. How where the guides to work with. We'll be arriving in Grand Cayman on the Miracle on April 25th. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

We just booked this tour too when we're down in May! Can't wait, seems like a nice excursion.

I received a confirmation within 24 hours and directions on where to find them at the port. They seem pretty professional!

Little Bird,

Did you get back to the ship in plenty of time from this tour? That seems to be the biggest concern for many. I've read how traffic going back to the tenders is backed up, and I don't want to be stressed over getting back in time.

Thanks.

Tootsie

I have a question.....

I am looking to book this in August. Our ship RCCL Freedom of the Seas gets there at 9:00 and this tour leaves at 9:30. I emailed the people that run this tour and they said my ship time works for this tour. I'm a little worried. First of all I'm confused if Cayman time is the same as my ship time in August due to daylight savings time. Also if Cayman and the ship are on the same time I don't see how in the world I'm going to get off the ship, tender in, and get to the meeting place by 9:00.

What do you think?

I'm booked on this tour next week. According to the information I got from them, Grand Cayman does not participate in daylight savings time so while it is in effect, island time is equivalent to Central Daylight Time.

Assuming your ship is on Eastern Daylight Time when you cruise (which it may not be...double check that for yourself), island time should be an hour behind ships time so you'd have an hour & a half to get off the ship & meet the tour.

• 2 weeks later...

We took our tour this past Wednesday and it was just great! We were the only ones booked so we had the pleasure of having Gino chauffer us on a private tour!

Our itinerary was the same as LittleBird described so there is no point in reiterating it all. Suffice it to say that Gino is a wealth of information. He explained the history of the island, the experience of Hurricane Ivan, and shared a ton of information about the different localities and properties on the island.

Rum Point is just wonderful and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in a beach day. We had about two hours there & wished for a few more!

I'd highly recommend this private tour as an alternative to the ship's tour! I'm happy to answer any specific questions about the tour if anyone has any.

We will be in Cayman next week. What is the website for this company? How do I contact them?

Thanks-Cruiser J in WV

Here's a link:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Excursions.htm

You can follow the instructions on the site to inquire about availability. They'll email you back the details & if you wish to confirm, you can respond with deposit info for them & they'll reserve your spot.

Archived