Flight time from Amsterdam question

krittykat

BTW, passport control at Schiphol is after the security check and is almost automated.  You proceed through what I call the cattle chutes to get in the correct line (EU, US, etc.), then you insert your passport opened and turned the way the pic on the machine indicates and smile for the camera.  Facial recognition gives you the green light and the screen tells you to see the agent.  Walk a short distance and hand your passport to the uniformed agent, who will glance at you and your passport.  The agent then thumbs to a random page in your passport and stamps it with one of those manual stamps you see in all the old black and white movies.

On 9/15/2024 at 5:32 AM, Zippercat said:

BTW, passport control at Schiphol is after the security check and is almost automated.  You proceed through what I call the cattle chutes to get in the correct line (EU, US, etc.), then you insert your passport opened and turned the way the pic on the machine indicates and smile for the camera.  Facial recognition gives you the green light and the screen tells you to see the agent.  Walk a short distance and hand your passport to the uniformed agent, who will glance at you and your passport.  The agent then thumbs to a random page in your passport and stamps it with one of those manual stamps you see in all the old black and white movies.

That is nice that they automate it now. Hopefully that will shorten that line. Is there a priority line at security? We are supposed to have priority access but so many airports are different.

6 hours ago, krittykat said:

That is nice that they automate it now. Hopefully that will shorten that line. Is there a priority line at security? We are supposed to have priority access but so many airports are different.

The only priority for security at Schiphol that I’m aware of is the timed entry I described above.  You didn’t mention how you have priority but I believe  Pre-Check and Global Entry are only for US airports.

10 hours ago, Zippercat said:

The only priority for security at Schiphol that I’m aware of is the timed entry I described above.  You didn’t mention how you have priority but I believe  Pre-Check and Global Entry are only for US airports.

Just read up on the new security at Schiphol - When I flew last there was a priority lane (not with time reservations) but this was just before things exploded with travel when the pandemic let up. (I remember reading about lines to the parking garage). 
We are flying business class with United -- usually there was a priority lane at security. But it doesn't sound like it is there any longer.

I will make a note about making a time slot reservation for security