MSC Virtuosa - Has anyone also cruised with P&O/Cunard?

Hilaurennn

Hi all, 

We are deciding whether to cruise the fjords with MSC Virtuosa, P&O, IONA or Cunard, Queen Anne.

My question is - What would you say the main difference is between MSC Virtusoa and P&O Iona? 

We are in our 30's, do not drink or like partying, and are looking for a relaxing, child light cruise. Which would be a better ship if the ports were the same on both?

Thanks 🙂 

41 minutes ago, Hilaurennn said:

Hi all, 

We are deciding whether to cruise the fjords with MSC Virtuosa, P&O, IONA or Cunard, Queen Anne.

My question is - What would you say the main difference is between MSC Virtusoa and P&O Iona? 

We are in our 30's, do not drink or like partying, and are looking for a relaxing, child light cruise. Which would be a better ship if the ports were the same on both?

Thanks 🙂 

Hi just of Iona with the Fiords and did the Baltic on the Virtuosa  enjoyed both both quite big but with lots of quiet bits . Food entertainment etc pretty even

would go back on both ( booked canaries Spain Portugal on Iona)

I would say ports of call and then cost would be my decider all the rest would be happy with both ps I had a balcony on both 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Hilaurennn said:

Thanks Kenny - on Our recent celebrity cruise, a fellow guest told us not to book either as they are 'party ships' and good for teenagers - is this something you'd agree with? 

Surely it's the itinerary, date, and cruise line's reputation which determines the guest make up more than the ship !?  The short filler trips across the channel will be different to the longer round trips to the Canaries and Fjords.

MSC Virtuosa sailing out of Southampton during School holidays will be family heavy and a different mix than during School terms.  MSC Virtuosa has plenty of activities for both children and adults alike.

Was on MSC Virtuosa to Canaries in 2023 and will be back onboard in 2025 for Norwegian Fjords.  It's a great ship.

Edited by notley-cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hilaurennn said:

Thanks Kenny - on Our recent celebrity cruise, a fellow guest told us not to book either as they are 'party ships' and good for teenagers - is this something you'd agree with? 

The Virtuosa is certainly excellent for teenagers, but unfortunately for teenagers, they have to go to school. It is very easy to spot the school holiday cruises, the price is double as "normal". 

• Haha 1