Wait Listed

a.madruga

On 9/19/2024 at 4:28 AM, wdw1972 said:

After I visited their website & made a reservation I started seeing their ads on Facebook.  I also signed up for their free loyalty program, so perhaps it was that. 

Sue/WDW1972

Thank you. I don’t Facebook so I’ll try other methods. 

On 9/19/2024 at 7:03 AM, sunviking90 said:

Westin Bayshore is also a nice option if you don’t mind being a little away from Canada Place.It is about a 20 min walk away from the port along the waterfront. It’s walking distance to Stanley Park and has some interesting history (Howard Hughes used to live there).

There are a lot of special offers on Vancouver hotels for the winter season, but they generally end at the end of March when cruise season starts.

We are booked at the Westin for our upcoming cruise in a few days.  We used to dock there when we visited Vancouver on our boat, and loved it!  Room service right on the dock (this was before cell phones so the actual activity was much more cumbersome than it sounds--lol)! I am looking forward to staying there almost as much as I'm looking forward to the cruise.

• Like 1

Must agree with the majority of posters here.  We have stayed in the Hyatt Regency Vancouver and had no issues at all.  Yes, homeless line some streets near Chinatown**, and sadly there are syringes and needles here and there, but the vast majority of city is safe and walkable.  

**Like some part of every other major city in North America. 

From the Hyatt we walked (downhill) to the Cruise Terminal at Canada Place. with our roller bag luggage.  With streetlights to wait on, maybe ten to fifteen min or so. 

On 9/18/2024 at 11:48 AM, Mary229 said:

Some of the breakfasts I have had were well worth $30 per person. 

Mary-

Must agree on European Breakfasts being well worth it.  Consider that here in the states if you went to Starbucks and had a Latte, Yogurt and a Croissant (a meager breakfast to me!) you would see a $19 tab.  

On 9/18/2024 at 9:01 AM, a.madruga said:

how far out did you. get pricing for May 2025?

Just got our waitlisted choice and $ for July2025 was not worth it IOO somewhat overpriced and only one choice    Although our flights are decently priced and we have till April to pay.  It’s lowered once since booked 

will call PCC tomorrow to find out if any other choices on hotels

On 9/8/2024 at 9:10 PM, Cruise Junky said:

Book it yourself. You’re paying a massive premium for HAL to do it for you. 

cruise junky 

I took your advise. and booked the hotel in Vancouver pre Alaska cruise on our own HAL wanted $2300+ for two days at Fairmont Downtown.....We broked Auberge great location and price  reviews seemed very good   thanks again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1