No restaurant times available the second bookings were revealed?

ClemMovieRunner

1 hour ago, sweep2907 said:

Luggage tags isn't a major thing but why don't VV allow you to attach to bags before arriving? We waited in line for 10 minutes so staff could write out tags for each bag. Every other cruise line you can show up in taxi and dump bags and head into terminal.

Disembarkation was a total shambles and staff present on deck 6 weren't organising the mayhem. .

I haven't had any issues with the luggage tag situation. Every time has been fast and easy. This last cruise in December I decided to keep my bag and do a walk off at 10:30 AM. I was done with breakfast at the Wake earlier then I expected and headed to my cabin, grabbed my bag and headed down at 10 AM. So I'm going to do that from now on rather then setting my bag outside the door. I walked straight off and through customs. The longest wait was for a cab. I knew I should have set up an Uber.

• Like 2

The restaurant booking is very frustrating, on my last VV cruise, I got on the app the minute they became available was able to book 2 for dates and times I wanted, after that I took what I could get. Clearly everyone on my sailing was doing the same.  lol  🥂

19 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The restaurant booking is very frustrating, on my last VV cruise, I got on the app the minute they became available was able to book 2 for dates and times I wanted, after that I took what I could get. Clearly everyone on my sailing was doing the same.  lol  🥂

This is it, I absolutely don't blame you, that's what everyone will do, because they won't want to miss out.

But, It'll surely mean some people will have bookings they don't want, or can't make because they haven't planned their excursions or the shows or activities they want to go to, etc. etc. 

Edited by ClemMovieRunner

Most resources I've seen online say that only 50% (or even fewer) of the available seats can be booked prior to sailing, so at least half are being held back. And apparently a lot of people end up canceling or changing their existing reservations once on board. We're having our trusty TA do our reservations, but we won't sweat it if it's hard to find availability prior to sail date.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Most resources I've seen online say that only 50% (or even fewer) of the available seats can be booked prior to sailing, so at least half are being held back. And apparently a lot of people end up canceling or changing their existing reservations once on board. We're having our trusty TA do our reservations, but we won't sweat it if it's hard to find availability prior to sail date.

I have to say (and I'm assuming your name alludes to Washington DC) that American travel agents seem to be a lot more helpful than ones in the UK.  I actually asked mine... ...And was directed to Virgin's app! 

1 hour ago, ClemMovieRunner said:

I actually asked mine... ...And was directed to Virgin's app! 

Oh, good heavens, well, that's not a very helpful TA! We are blessed to have an excellent travel agent who is a friend and a fellow cruiser. He's on these boards frequently.

• Like 1