I miss NCL

On 9/16/2024 at 12:58 PM, carohs said:

It's not, per se. We don't eat at the same time at home every day either. I was comparing to DCL who also has two specific seatings. If you had asked me prior to cruising what I thought would work best for us, it would have been anytime all the way. We enjoyed our time on NCL! But if I reflect back on our different experiences, between the two cruise lines, we found that we in fact did enjoy set dining, and late set dining at that (grumbling tummies notwithstanding, of which soft serve ice cream was found to be the best remedy), more than anytime. I can't quite explain why it worked better (for us) and other than experiencing it ourselves, I wouldn't really be able to understand it either.  

I understand the point you are trying to make.   We took our then six and five year old on the Disney Magic way, way back.   The early dining time and later show worked well for us and it did not take any planning.    Our children enjoyed their interactions with the same servers every evening.   As we were traveling with extended family, we did not have to share a table with strangers.    While we all enjoyed our cruise, it was a one and done for us because of their outrageous prices.     While my children are young adults now and are loyal DCL cruisers, I can see them taking their future children on a Disney cruise for the atmosphere, not the food.