Snuba... Question

Just wondering if this excursion is worth the money??? Also.. are you with a guide in the water or what?? Do you just see fish... or is there anything big down there.... just looking for a lil insite.... please help

I have done Snuba twice, not on a cruise, but one in Maui (Molikini Crater)

and once in Kauai. It was the BEST!!!!! In Molikini Crater, we went off the boat and went down 20 feet, after about a 20 minute lesson on breathing, hand signals, etc... I saw a reef shark cruising the bottom, tons of fish and the guide was with our group of 6 the whole way. You are tethered to another person and then you are both hooked to float that carries your air tank. In Kauai we went off the beach and then swam out and went under, I did not enjoy it as much, because the sandy bottom was swirling all around from the waves and current, so the visibility wasn't as good. I think it is a good way to get introduced to what Scuba would be like. Any more questions?

I have done Snuba twice as well and LOVE it. In Barbados we were in deeper water and perused shipwrecks, which was great - it's more than the fish, it's getting into their world a little, which feels quite different from our own world on top of the water.

We also did Snuba in Belize, which was nice, because the reefs there are a different experience than many other locations - although the water was a little more shallow which made the area feel "shorter." Still loved it.

Snuba is definitely the way to go if you're interested in an eventual Scuba cert, because it introduces you to the breathing apparatus and the concept of wearing a weight belt in the water (I admit I had some initial anxiety about that, but let it go once I got the hang of the bouyancy).

It's a little pricier, but far more memorable than any snorkel trip I've done.

Archived