I need Computer HELP Fast!

Family of 14

I restored my computer quite by accident, so I hope I can lead you.

First of all, as soon as I started my computer I was able to bring up the "safe mode" feature (black and white screen) by pushing the F8 button. I then clicked on "safe mode". From there, I had an option of restoring the computer to an earlier date. The directions will be on the page. I checked at each highlighted date to see if there had been anything I did not install. Once I found the problem, I just deleted it and had the computer start at that date. So far I have had good results and I have also re-downloaded all the spy software.

BTW - My son admitted tonight that he had downloaded Kaaza the other day.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

The above directions must be wrong. I tried to retrace my steps this morning and it didn't work. I don't know how I got there! icon_confused.gif

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Family of 14 : What operating system are you using? If it is XP, restoring to an earlier date is very simple. I believe you go to your accessories and look for system tools. Under system tools, there is a place that says something like restore to earlier date. You can even take your computer back to exactly like the day you bought it if you don't mind losing stuff ( or back it up first).

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

8/23 Holiday

You can also do the "restore" thing in windows ME. I have done it before, but don't have the steps. After getting all the virus s/w and things like spybot et. al. I no longer needed to go back to earlier versions. That will change your set-up back to what it was but won't remove viruses

Conquest, we will be with you

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

If all else fails and I do mean all else, you can re-install the Windows software. This will take everything back to its original settings and you'll be done with all that junk that gets in the registry files. This takes awhile. On my 2.4GHZ machine it took about 35 minutes for Windows XP. All other files will stay on the hard drive untouched. Again, this is a last resort option.

Companies that produce spyware and adware are getting much more sophisticated... even some of our customers that are running paid versions of Spybot and Adaware are still getting hit. I always caution people when installing shareware, as some of it will leave components behind. Adaware, while a fairly decent product for being free, WILL leave some components behind, as do many others. We have seen good results and sell quite a bit of Meaya Pop Up Blocker, they also have a free add-on for Adware. We have tested alot of the products out there and this one works pretty well... you need to make sure that you install one that will detect the spyware BEFORE it comes in, that will delete it and all components, as well as prevent it. Also, make sure you do a backup before installing any of these products. Do your research and make sure you know exactly what you are getting. Also, never click on pop-ups... and don't download anything from a website that you are not 100% sure of. Good luck and happy (but safe :D) surfing.

(how to restore system)

Start...

Programs...

Accessories...

System Tools...

"System Restore"

I think your op-sys has to be at least Millennium2000.

Archived