Unlimited WiFi

roadmaster

Each person  will have their own account but you can only have one device signed in at a time on your account.  If you are using your phone and want to use your I pad than you sign off of WIFI on phone and sign into WIFI on your Ipad...

A few ships, Vista, Riviera, and Marina, have been upgraded to Starlink and have decent wifi. As far as I know, the "R" ships have not been upgraded yet. You have 2 logins available per stateroom, as mentioned above, which means only 2 devices per stateroom can be logged in at the same time. 

On our recent Vista cruise in an A stateroom, we were able to have two devices each logged in. No clue why and I wasn’t going to ask and rock the boat. Also, although we only had basic wifi, when I turned on my VPN I could stream content from Netflix and other streaming platforms. 

Edited by lorimay
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, lorimay said:

On our recent Vista cruise in an A stateroom, we were able to have two devices each logged in. No clue why and I wasn’t going to ask and rock the boat. Also, although we only had basic wifi, when I turned on my VPN I could stream content from Netflix and other streaming platforms. 

Two accounts per stateroom is now normal.  

22 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Two accounts per stateroom is now normal.  

Yes, but we were able to have two devices on each of our two accounts. I had my phone and tablet both logged in at the same time, as did my husband. I just went with it and didn't ask questions.

You can pick up a pocket travel router like GL-A1300 on Amazon and have multiple devices connected to one login on the ship. Advantage of such travel adapter is that this specific model allows you to login to those public wifi networks like on the cruise ship or hotel (i.e. you have to type in username and password before logging into the Wifi network) and then set it on Repeater mode. Set up is pretty straight forward on your iOS or Android app. If you read through the comments on the Amazon page that I linked, you will see that many people use this device on cruises

On 9/15/2024 at 1:04 AM, roadmaster said:

Thanks, we will on the Regatta in a couple of of weeks, so no Starlink.

I was on Regatta on an Alaskan cruise last week - arrived home today. Apart from the slight faff of having to sign in and out (only one device connected at a time) I found the signal to be fine for general email and internet browsing. No streaming but if that's important to you you can buy an upgraded package.

I also bought an esim which was really cheap and so much better than a roaming package from my regular cell phone airtime provider.

On 9/16/2024 at 3:12 PM, DJP31 said:

I was on Regatta on an Alaskan cruise last week - arrived home today. Apart from the slight faff of having to sign in and out (only one device connected at a time) I found the signal to be fine for general email and internet browsing. No streaming but if that's important to you you can buy an upgraded package.

I also bought an esim which was really cheap and so much better than a roaming package from my regular cell phone airtime provider.

Upgraded package doesn’t provide access to streaming. Those websites are blocked, e.g., Netflix, Prime….

8 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Upgraded package doesn’t provide access to streaming. Those websites are blocked, e.g., Netflix, Prime….

Robin

I think the upgraded package unblocks the streaming, but does not provide increased bandwidth or speed.

31 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Robin

I think the upgraded package unblocks the streaming, but does not provide increased bandwidth or speed.

I’ve read the opposite here on CC boards, but I’m happy to be wrong. Don’t tell my husband - I will deny, deny, deny (bc I’m never wrong!!).