Questions for experienced B2B cruisers

kathynorth

2 hours ago, rihabo said:

I had a related B2B question.  With the limitation of carrying 2 bottles of wine per cabin, if booked on a B2B, can you bring 4 bottles when boarding for the first leg of B2B?

Ah, you just anticipated my next question! Bringing 4 onboard at the start will be helpful to me. I'm more than happy to have them hold onto 2 of them for the 2nd cruise. 

2 hours ago, rihabo said:

I had a related B2B question.  With the limitation of carrying 2 bottles of wine per cabin, if booked on a B2B, can you bring 4 bottles when boarding for the first leg of B2B?

Technically no, though having explained it, they may just let it pass at the brow without any aggravation ... but there's a kicker.  Even if you're required to surrender the extra two, you can easily get them BACK at the end of cruise #1 for cruise #2.  They may even deliver them to your cabin as opposed to you having to go down to claim them. 

In fact, if you have purchased booze in the ship's store during cruise #1, it will most likely be delivered to your cabin for 'packing' on the last night of cruise #1, just as if you weren't doing a B2B.  They seem to keep no track of your B2B status at all when handling your purchases.

I think this was covered either in this thread or another recently. 

I think the answer is no. By all accounts a b2b is 2 entirely separate cruises. But, if you did, and they held them and gave them back at the end of the first cruise, you could just walk back on with them. My fear would be they might not still have them after the first cruise! We are planning something similar, carry on 2 the first leg, leave 2 in the car in the parking garage and retrieve them for the second cruise.

12 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

My fear would be they might not still have them after the first cruise! We are planning something similar, carry on 2 the first leg, leave 2 in the car in the parking garage and retrieve them for the second cruise.

My fear wouldn't for a second be whether security would lose them - they deal with this and similar 'returned goods' issues on every cruise - it would be what the wine is vs. how it is being stored during the first cruise.  Temperature-wise, I'd much prefer it be left with security than in a car in the parking garage.  Saves you a trip, too.