7 Days Balcony or 14 Days Inside Cabin

2TheSea4Me

On 9/17/2024 at 9:52 AM, 2TheSea4Me said:

Hi all!  I'm new to cruising and have had the desire to go to Alaska.  

I'm looking to go next May for a big birthday.   I'm realizing I should have booked a long time ago.  Anyway, I'm seeing we can do a 14 day inside cabin on the Nieuw Amsterdam for about the same price as a 7 day balcony cruise.   I have "held" the 14 day inside cabin with HA.

Are we crazy to skip the balcony in Alaska?   Just seems like 14 days versus 7 is a whole lot of difference when we can go on deck and see a lot, plus see other port visits.

With those parameters, I would take the 14 days every time. I had an inside (other cruise line) and while a balcony would have been nice, I still felt I got plenty of viewing up on deck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Petronillus said:

This thread is giving me a better appreciation for inside cabins. I may have to give it another try. I didn't understand about "J" and "K" categories. I'm grateful to y'all.

If you go to the HollandAmerica.com website and then choose the tab for Ship Life, then on the left, choose Our Ships, you will get a page with each ship. Choose the ship you want, scroll to the bottom to the Deck Plans and each deck will then show the cabins and their designations. You can zoom in to see each section.